litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise are brilliant

Badger02

To steal a punchline from the Fast Show, aren't Elise just brilliant.

I decided to have a lie in this morning so didn't make the peaks run.

Instead Badger my dog and I went to a classic car meet and a visit to the car crowd cafe in my 1999 S1 elise with standard 118 bhp engine.

Top down of course, not the most interesting of roads in majority but a few twisty bits.

I know i'm biased, and i've not driven many other sports cars, but what a car the elise is.

It just feels so right. Point and squirt. Useful storage areas. Comfy enough. Cheapish to maintain. Not outrageously fast, but fast enough for me.

Hundreds of columns have been written about how good they are, and what a testament to a bunch of designers from the nineties.

Long live the Elise :)

20220612_112016.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are amazing cars. I love mine but also love seeing everyone else’s too. Despite the fact that I struggle to get in and out and how impractical it is, I don’t regret buying it. 

Also I like the fact that MLOC is a friendly group of like minded people, who seem to have Lotus in their blood. 

Long live Lotus.

Luke

I agree - perfectly set up for UK country roads. They look great, drive great, cost a fraction of the cost of other cars to maintain, and are simple enough that those of us who aren’t mechanically-minded can have a bit of a tinker with.  

And I have to agree with Luke - the friendliness & welcome of MLOC members surpasses anything I’ve experienced in other car clubs/groups. 

5 hours ago, David Le Belge said:

and you've got one from the best batch... I know, I own V92DVG :) We should get the type 49s together at Chatsworth this time

Make sure you do!

Ask Muttley if Mrs Muttley is bringing her blue over white one 😊

On 15/06/2022 at 11:01, David Le Belge said:

and you've got one from the best batch... I know, I own V92DVG :) We should get the type 49s together at Chatsworth this time

That would be cool

On 15/06/2022 at 16:41, DeanB said:

Make sure you do!

Ask Muttley if Mrs Muttley is bringing her blue over white one 😊

We'll be there Dean. Worry ye not 😀...and I promise not to come in a TVR this time after Fish's disparaging remark!

IMG_0218.JPG

Archived