litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Honda K20A & CPL Twin Screw Supercharger

SCOTTJ

That's not a bad weight for an S2. What year is it?

Mine's a 2001 Sports Tourer with MSC SC Honda, Harness bar and harnesses, probax seats, OZ wheels. Last time I weighed it was 9 years ago! With 14 litres of fuel in it, it was corner-weighted at 812kg (with a soft top). But since then it's had a charge cooler setup and bigger disks etc, so will be heavier now.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2001 RacTec initial press release car so very similar spec., no ABS, electric windows, additional K20A CPL and alloy bell discs.

i did think it would be bit lighter, maybe the T-Bar roof, toolkit and lunch in the boot didn’t help!

Still trying to get used to Elise with Sprintex Supercharger,  now realising issue on corners on full acceleration is due to acceleration.  Traction and Kaaz LSD is totally different to previous VHPD engine and Torsen C LSD.  When Kaaz LSD locks it’s quite different and sudden, coupled with slight loss of grip despite Yokohama’s all round is making it a very different driving experience that need to learn gradually :) 

Archived