Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Best Open Top Car For 5K

Chris_edeson

A couple more to consider.

MGTF

Slk

E46 Convertible.

Got to agree. You'll get a lot of change from 5K if you go for an MGF and they have so much more character than an MX5 and if it goes wrong you can get Gav to service it!

I bought SWMBO this little beauty for £4K - they look great in dark red with a red & black interior. Its a hell of alot of car for the money.

Not bothered about Beemers if I'm honest - every junction you come to you have to inch your way out of as the bonnet is so long - they remind me of Peter Perfect's car in Whacky Races and me & Dick D used to hate the way Penelope swooned over him & his car mad.gif

post-2549-0-83433400-1429951841_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine just got a 2002 s2000 for £3550 with a full history, it's has a cat d ( I think) on it because of some keying and roof slashing in its past.

I went with him to view the car and we came to the conclusion that the paint work was as good as new and the new roof was better than an old one so he was happy.

It's a fun little car but revving it as hard as you have to isn't my cup of tea but that said, for the money it's a blast.

Because it was so cheap he treated it to an k&n typhoon and a stainless exhaust and it now sounds epic, although I wouldn't recommend it on a long journey as its a bit droney

lexus sc 430?

Its no future classic by any stretch of the imagination. But if you are going to buy a 10+ old cabrio, and you don't want it to break down on a road trip, its probably worth a look. 

Plus 10+year old rear wheel drive car, not stability management, rudimentary traction control that you can switch off with one single button press, its probably more fun to drive than a modern car. 

Apparently the handling on Z3's is abominable. Never driven one but never heard anything good about them. ..........

Yeah that's my experience of Z3's, back end is a bit loose  :P

Archived