litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Insurance Renewal Time Coming Up...

nick_j007

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have commuting cover on your policy?

There has been some discussion recently about CCI giving high quotes because they want to try and encourage people off having commuting cover.

See below thread...

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/59239-cci-renewal-quote-is-insane/page__hl__%2Bcci+%2Brenewal

I had an increase of £80 from last year. Rang CCI to question it, apparently this years policy's assume you use the car for commuting. When I informed them it was a 3,000mile/year policy and doesn't include commuting, they reduced the premium by over £60.

Worth a call !!

Mine increased with CCI by £129.00 against last years premium.

Exactly the same as above, due to commuting inclusion, when I asked them to take it out it came down to @£280.00.

Thank you all. I've had it confirmed that the quote of £357.00 does not include any commuting cover.

Think I'll have to do a ring round to compare. Which are my next best alternatives? Any thoughts on that?

Cheers.

Nick

Thank you all. I've had it confirmed that the quote of £357.00 does not include any commuting cover.

Think I'll have to do a ring round to compare. Which are my next best alternatives? Any thoughts on that?

Cheers.

Nick

I would try Henderson Taylor, REIS, Manning UK and Adrian Flux.... Although HT have the same underwriters as CCI, they have always quoted better for me.

I had a similar deal with Adrian Flux, they managed £473 with commuting cover about £395 without

interesting - just renewed with Flux £403 including commuting, protected etc smile.png . Chris Knott's got close on price - noone else anywhere near.

Mine is up in about 6 weeks and this time I'm going to do something I've never done before...

I'm with Henderson Taylor and when time to renew I'm going to call Matt and accept his best price, not going to even ring around.

Madness...

Matts looked after me so well this year, given me an 'open' modifications policy at a fantastic price, when I asked how much to 'add' another 100bhp he only wanted £53!

So I'm going to show him a little customer loyalty back in return, I really feel I owe him that and thats the first time I can say that about an insurer, in short I trust him and so far he's always delivered, I really can't see me insuring anywhere else TBH, even if I could save a little elsewhere I'd still go with HT as the service is superb.

MrSimba I would agree about Matt, I always ring him for a chat - hes totally honest with me and has even recommended people to try in past years. He basically suggested that I take Flux's offer as it would be difficult for anyone to beat - but said give him a call next year smile.png

Another vote for Henderson Taylor, especially Matt's customer service. I have renewed with them again this month as only a small increase on last year (including Class 1 Business Use), and no-one else could get close when I rang round....

Simon

Archived