litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Any Serious Comments On An Evo Vii

Tango190

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't they have really short service intervals? - or is that just the super nutter version?

i would have the VI out of all of them....

Yep, think 4.5k and its check check check, and carry on mate.

Tivver is 6k and it's - one of them - one of these - best put one of them on incase -

EVO bad MPG 18 - Tivver hoofed - don't ask

So any more thought's

Do like Turbo's (Sorry Ladders) - if it's done right.

I thought of doing the evo thing a while ago and drove a std. VI and now a VII RS

they are really rapid, i found the VI a bit boring to be honest since in the bends it does it all for you with the AYC (Active Yawn Control!) so although it flies i wasnt a fan.

The VII RS on the other hand with no AYC jiggery pokery was much better, you actually controlled where it went, which made it harder to drive but more rewarding.......

They eat tyres, clutches and brakes though, and when they go wrong its 2nd mortgage time from knowing a mate who's had them for a few years.

Didnt get one in the end went for the Focus RS as my daily driver since it doesnt have the service interval or cost of the evo, but has 90% of the fun factor and still has that turbo power delivery with the bluefin and decat.....

as regards the PM Bob i love the EVO, and the VII more then the VIII as its the same dash and same drive train as such. you can,t go wrong if that the type of car you are after...oh and the fact you can have a dump valve, :P:P

Just thinking about options at the moment.

Later EVO's are a bit pricey and having snooped around the Lancer EVO forum a bit it seems the V to VI seems to have more cred than some of the newer cars.

About time I widened my horizons from the Best of British cars.

Will have a nosey at Scotty boys comment re Skylines, but isn't that the Driftcar mob's domain ?

May end up doing quite a bit more mileage if I change job so a more modern easier drive may be called for with a bit of fun at the weekends.

Thinking Jap realibility and such like.

Any other good websites known on EVO other than the Clicky Lancer EVO Register

PS If you are bored there are some cracking videos of the Japanese going banzai in drift and stunt mode - kept me interested most of last night.

Bob, don't know much about these, but I have heard that they're supposed to need lots of servicing and they have a tendancy to get through the odd clutch or two (especially the quicker ones).

There's a place quite near me, in sunny Dudley which has always got a good few of them, and the stock doesn't seem to hang around too long either from what I remember.

X-Treme

Seem to remember they weren't too keen on test drives but I may be wrong.

NW's example looks v. tidy in the pics.

HTH. :P

Bob, don't know much about these, but I have heard that they're supposed to need lots of servicing and they have a tendancy to get through the odd clutch or two (especially the quicker ones).

There's a place quite near me, in sunny Dudley which has always got a good few of them, and the stock doesn't seem to hang around too long either from what I remember.

X-Treme

Seem to remember they weren't too keen on test drives but I may be wrong.

NW's example looks v. tidy in the pics.

HTH.  :tank:

Yep picked up on the Extreme place Pete, seems there a bit gurs upgrade from new too.

Might have a saunter over and get a better look at the cars.

Scotty boys Skyline thought was a bit interesting, not sure at all.

May consider an older EVO as the basic engine is much the same (bar the EVO bit)

Seems anything on from a IV is good to go if its non import and well dealer serviced, but a V onwards seems like the stuff.

Could have a couple of tarmac rally stages too :P in the Brit Club Rallys.

Still thinking out loud.

Archived