litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Any Serious Comments On An Evo Vii

Tango190

Bob, any serious comments on an Evo. Err no  ;)  I consider your use of a retro avater a positive sign  :D

Haven't seen a Chrome Orange EVO Martin.

(Que Beefy trawling his extensive photo collection ....)

Practical four seater, bit of go, not too wild looking, a multitude of mods available, respected by lots of folks, seem to hold value fairly well.

One of the best cars I ever had was a 2.9i Sierra 4x4 - still miss that car even though it is old now. Took me quite a while to learn how to get any sort of "fun" out of it, but sort of got there in the end. If only I'd had driver training ;)

Thought Greg would have been along with a few no no go Scooby comments.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob, go for it if thats what you want :sniper: I hate to be negative but a Scooby and an Evo may attract unwanted attention. It,s certainly something i would consider first after speaking to one or two owners.

Scooby will be more delicate on your wallet than the Evo.

Skyline GTR is a lot of fun, but too many electronics for my liking.

Think you're regressing a bit there Bob. You'll be getting neons, ICE, NOS, 21" Geovano's, dump valves, waste gates and everything else a teenage boy dreams of.

After all that I still think you ought to go for the Esprit. I think the character will suit you and Kim better than the other options.

:sniper:

Bob, go for it if thats what you want  :sniper:  I hate to be negative but a Scooby and an Evo may attract unwanted attention. It,s certainly something i would consider first after speaking to one or two owners.

Martin what sort of unwanted attention - plod ??

Have to agree about the unwanted attention, can you say car jacking?

Scoobys and Evos are perfect getaway and ram raiding cars, our company was ramraided by a Scooby a few years ago.

That,s the kind of unwanted attention i was thinking of as well. You havent decided to be a getaway driver as a new proffesion, have you Bob ? :sniper:

Have to agree about the unwanted attention, can you say car jacking?

Scoobys and Evos are perfect getaway and ram raiding cars, our company was ramraided by a Scooby a few years ago.

when i had my WRX STI i had a hatchet down side of my seat so if they wanted to try take it they could try, might let them take it if they had a gun though :sniper: .

From what i can see my 380bhp scooby was better on fuel then my mates Evo VIII standard 276 bhp model.

Two of my friends have one/had one, an evo7 FQ300 and evo8 GSR. The evo7 FQ300 wasnt much faster than the GSR. The FQ owner now has an s1 exige and rates it much higher as a driving experience than any evo. Both complain about the running costs and maintenance.

TBH the only evo I'd go for is an evo4 RS. Lightest of the lot and no fancy diffs helping you out and half the maintenance costs plus great value for money. After driving one I know im going to own one at some point in my life, evo4 is awsome.

Two of my friends have one/had one, an evo7 FQ300 and evo8 GSR. The evo7 FQ300 wasnt much faster than the GSR. The FQ  owner now has an s1 exige and rates it much higher as a driving experience than any evo. Both complain about the running costs and maintenance.

TBH the only evo I'd go for is an evo4 RS. Lightest of the lot and no fancy diffs helping you out and half the maintenance costs plus great value for money. After driving one I know im going to own one at some point in my life, evo4 is awsome.

All noted PB - had thought of testing the water with an early II or III at not much expense, will take my time on this, but thanks for the info.

Think the RS may be a bit too striped out for me though.

Gonna meet up with the Lancer club boys and gather a bit for info too.

Bob

Don't you trash my EVO thread Mr M :P

Puff eh ? Just thought shelling out a load of dosh on a car that even in early guise would be a reasonable choice to see if later cars would appeal.

Will be going to Nick Whales on Monday to have a closer nosey at the "FQ" to have a sit in it and maybe more .....

Archived