litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Lotus Will Be Produced Abroad

Mark H

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand people who won't buy something if it's not made in England? :(;)

What are you trying to prove or say!? If it's a good product who cares where it's made?!

I don't understand people who won't buy something if it's not made in England?  ;)  ;)

What are you trying to prove or say!? If it's a good product who cares where it's made?!

I take it you haven't been made redundant (yet), through your company going abroad for 'pence labour'?! :(

Bob, if and when you get one with TWO turbo,s, mines stopping in the garage  :angry:

Nah, think G Car S3 plus a few "mods" stage 1 plaything - heading towards 3.0 cars per year - she'll leave me soon(Kim that is ), I can feel it ..

I doubt it Bob, after you she would find anyone else boring :D

NICKED FOM PISTONHEADS.COM

SCOOP: PistonHeads has learned from TVR's Phil James that TVR owner, Nikolai Smolensky, has put in a bid for the company to MG Rover's administrators, PricewaterhouseCoopers. It's a personal bid -- it would not be a TVR take-over.

We don't know much more than that, other than that the bid, if successful, would play to TVR's history of using MGB engines in the early cars.

Speculating further, if the bid succeeds, MG would seem likely to remain a separate entity, and become, among other things, a recipient of TVR's engines, although that might raise issues of competition.

Either way, the next few weeks promise interesting times...

BOBS WORDS

If he's securing MG to plant engine from TVR in em, how about a lotus Esprit with a Tivver lump !!!!!!

Oh dear God :(

Martin - joking apart - the only reason I wont go for an Esprit V8 (and could at the expense of another marriage !) is the gearbox is shit, too much power on a Hillmand Imp type transaxle, ask Mike at Horizon.

As you can imagine Bob, im following that story with a great deal of interest. I thought the MG sports car part would be snapped up straight away. They only imported the body in white at Longbridge and painted and assembled it. The numbers being sold must have made it profitable. We shall see :groupwave:

As you can imagine Bob, im following that story with a great deal of interest. I thought the MG sports car part would be snapped up straight away. They only imported the body in white at Longbridge and painted and assembled it. The numbers being sold must have made it profitable. We shall see  :)

MG F and Z cars MUSt be able to make money - no doubt.

Archived