litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Is It Cool?

darren5591

I drove to my wedding in the Elise. The key to getting in and out is to do it slowly and get someone to haul you out elegantly. Driving with the roof off ruins your hair though.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  Driving with the roof off ruins your hair though.

(darren's Mom here)((lotus widow!)

Fiona...

Re: hair, we are currently in dispute with the roof-on roof-off situation, u know I don't want my hair wrecked, have managed to get him to agree to soft top on, on the way there! I'll arrive at our party looking like I've been dragged thru a hedge backwards if I can't persuade a change of heart for the return journey!

Roof on you should be fine - just don't lean hard on the headrests in the seats or your hair will be vertical at the back if there is loads of hairspray in it.

Definitely the best way to turn up...make sure you drive it!!!!

No, the groom gets taken there by the bestman then straight to the bar.

The bride turns up with the bridesmaid in the elise and handbrake turns into the carpark.

Quality

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm,

Firstly,all the very best for the big day and a happy future together,I'm in the minority I think,as I'm not keen on ribbons on the Liz but each to thier own.

I have a similar problem in September,Little Bruv is tying the knot and wants the Liz as a wedding car,after trying to lock him in his room until he came to his senses I have agreed,but now he wants to drive the car there and then wants to use it as the transport for him and bridey to the reception,He's my little brother and I love him dearly but he ain't getting his hands on my Liz...you just don't mess with another mans car :crybaby:

Oh bu&&er it! go with the ribbons,it and you will look great.

All the best

Jon

Feck the ribbons - don't get married. Spend the £15,000 or so.  on a Honda engine and a track day every weekend for a year. You won;t regret it.  :)

Or marry in secret, like we did - It's much cheaper, lots of fun, and the cash you save, can go towards cars! :P:clap:

Archived