litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Is It Cool?

darren5591

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, get a ribbon on there. Recently I offered my mate the chance to use my Elise as his wedding car. It was going to have the old ribbon thing going on. Unfortunatley my friend has no taste and decided to use my folks porker! :)

Still looks good though!

post-239-1117034305.jpg

Yeah it's cool, we put Gold Ribbons on our Racing Green Turbo Esprit, when we got married. :)

You want nice soft ribbons though, or you'll get little scuffs where the bow has been buffeting on the bonnet.

Tell her to have bows on the side mirrors too. :clap:

Yeah go with the ribbons!.. try to go for a colour that suits the car rather than the bride or grooms outfits though; its the most important thing at the end of the day (like elaines gold ribbons on BRG car... ...very nice!)

wedding ribbons can get you off speeding too!.. I was late to a mates house to pick him up in my old merc to take him to his wedding. I had the full ribbons going on, the suit, etc., and a police car pulled along side me at 85 on the ring road near thorpe-astley (50 limit)

The police woman in the passenger seat wound the window down, asked me if I was late, then congratulated me and wished me good luck!.. It wasnt even me getting married, but she didnt know that :clap:

My brother borrowed my elise for a wedding and put ribbons on it, when i picked the car up from him it still had the ribbons on, but as it was pissing it down i left them on. Unfortunately as i was driving, the windscreen wiper managed to get caught on one of the ribbons making it jam halfway down the passenger side of the screen, causing a quite a panic to get pulled off the duel carridge way.

So be careful how you attach the ribbons!

My brother borrowed my elise for a wedding and put ribbons on it, when i picked the car up from him it still had the ribbons on, but as it was pissing it down i left them on.  Unfortunately as i was driving, the windscreen wiper managed to get caught on one of the ribbons making it jam halfway down the passenger side of the screen, causing a quite a panic to get pulled off the duel carridge way.

So be careful how you attach the ribbons!

Thanks for the advice.

Oh happy days.....

Oh, Mom says any advice from the laydees on how to actually get into the elise in a wedding dress with a skirt not unlike the one in the above picture???? & manage it without (a) ripping the dress & (:clap: keeping her dignity!!!.. Oh & she has to look v. cool too....

Archived