litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Standard Or 111s For Everyday Use

tonner_notts

There are plenty of standard S1's in garages to test drive, if your serious about a car then you can get your insurance company to give you temporary cover note and try out a 111s from a private owner.

Dont think I'd buy a car without trying the varients based on peoples opinions on a web forum.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes i have a car, but its when u get there and ppl just nip u round the block, dont give u that much of an idea does it.

especially when in passenger seat,

how would i go about asking lotus dealer for atest drive even if i was blagging and not lookin at buying off them?

yes i have a car, but its when u get there and ppl just nip u round the block, dont give u that much of an idea does it. 

especially when in passenger seat,

how would i go about asking lotus dealer for  atest drive even if i was blagging and not lookin at buying off them?

Walk in and ask. They are in the business of selling cars so they'll let you have a go.

So what dealers have you gone to for a test drive?

It's best to phone in advance to book a decent test drive. They'll be more willing than if you had walked in off the street.

There are plenty of standard S1's in garages to test drive, if your serious about a car then you can get your insurance company to give you temporary cover note and try out a 111s from a private owner.

Dont think I'd buy a car without trying the varients based on peoples opinions on a web forum.

I don't know Beefcake but what he is saying makes great sense, you can only make up your own mind about a car, try some out and see what you think!

Good luck!

Go to any main dealer, it doesn't matter how expensive the cars are, you're only going to test it not buy it from them.

Try Peter Smiths in Derby for a test, but what ever you do, don't buy anything from them.

Gordon Lamb in Sheffield is a Lotus Dealer. Pretty decent guys the few times I've been in. It's in the CC going out towards Bramall Lane.

Go to any main dealer, it doesn't matter how expensive the cars are, you're only going to test it not buy it from them.

Try Peter Smiths in Derby for a test, but what ever you do, don't buy anything from them.

Yep - Peter Smith Sports Cars - Hatton - Derbyshire

Ask for Gerald Flint and tell him Bob Blewitt sent you.

Gerald will bend over backwards to help you spend your pennies - rather nice Chrome Orange S1 in there at the moment - used to be mine - sob.

If your only young (I think you mentioned you were) then it might be better to get a standard car and save on the insurance, it always gives you time to learn how to drive the car before having fun upgrading the car in the future :)

yes im 21 with only 1years ncb. insurance isent a problem between the models for me, my insurance company admiral quote them all at about the same, (dont know why)

what i think i will do is keep my eye out for a nice 111s that i can afford, and if a standard one pops up that is a good buy low miles, few mods in the colour i want then buy it,

if not use the time i am looking to keep saving

Archived