litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Standard Or 111s For Everyday Use

tonner_notts

just hope its not to far away, how many ppl here have one as an everyday car? how do you get one with it? i love my music and worried i wont hear the radio.

I use mine everyday but can't hear my radio at above 60 mph. It dosn't put me off at all though I only really listen to it when I am driving slowly or in trafic anyway!

Have a look on pistonheads.com or autotrader for cars.

Phil

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask Greyknight, Wuddie, Niallf, Thub and now Strees for pictures of Ruby Red (aka Inferno) coloured S1's. Have I missed anyone?

Give it a good polish and wait for the sun to come out. The metallic flecks in the ruby paint shimmer like nothing else. Got a lovely S1 now but it's boring silver after the gorgeous depth of the ruby paint.

ok cheers, if anyof u with ruby red cars out there would id love for u tosend me some pics,

silver is nice but if its not sunny it dont look anything special.

hopefully iwill stand out more in a ruby red,

i think i know i want a ruby red elise, but for everyday use is the standard with a cpl of mods or a more expensive 111s the way to go? 111s with 55k or standard with about 30k? on the clock?

it will be used in he winter also,

Standard has more ground for mods in the future as the VVC engine in the 111s has limited upgrades.

111s starts with more BHP and a close ratio gearbox which is more fun IMO but you will find it a bit noisier on the motorway.

Best bet to be honest is to go try them yourself as everyone has different preferences and its something that a forum can only help you with but its only a drive that can tell you :clap:

As a daily driver both are fine, I had a 111s and put 60k+ miles on it and have done almost 30k in an Exige even in the snow.

its hard being able to go for a drive in both, as theres hardly any cars for sale around my budget and if they are there miles away etc, and most ppl wont let u have a test drive, or if they do take u for a spin its just round the block, been in a 111s and a 160 yes they where noisy but as long as i can hear my radio i dont mind,

Listening to Beefy's post but ...

After having an Std S1 with simple mods, then driving Dave Ladders S1 111S I'd go with the 111S if I bought another.

Feels more racey, hard to explain, but Marks right - try them - plenty about.

<EDIT>

If you want a proper Lotus ... a 160 should keep you happy ...

</EDIT>

Archived