litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Standard Or 111s For Everyday Use

tonner_notts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£1700 for 21 year old with 1 years no claims? Snatch their arm off if i were you, providing they will renew the policy when the time comes. Is the policy from admiral or with another firm that admiral have sorted out?

Russ

admiral themselfs,

cost me nearly 1900 quid for a 2.0v6 fto worth 5000k

but for an elise they only want nearly 1700 quid, was suprised at that.

not bad to say ive got 2crashes under my belt to,

going to surrey tomorrow i think to look at a lovely 111s in ruby red, with two tone leather, tan and red.

55k t plate, serviced yesterday and mot'd with new disks pads all round.

but only service history from mid 2003, but good sh since then,

£10500 hope it looks as good as in the pics.

what do you all think

going to surrey tomorrow i think to look at a lovely 111s in ruby red, with two tone leather, tan and red.

55k t plate, serviced yesterday and mot'd with new disks pads all round.

but only service history from mid 2003, but good sh since then,

£10500 hope it looks as good as in the pics.

what do you all think

Sounds like a good price, Is there a plausible explaination for the lack of service history?

Sounds like a good price for the ruby 111s. Defo get it HPI'd first though. Does the service history it has got include a C servive?? It REALLY should have had a cam belt by now.

If your anything like me you'll buy it tomorrow. I bought the first one i drove!! :blink:

Lucky for me it turned out to be be a fairly good one!! In truth, there aint that much to go wrong on them. So long as the chassis is good you should be fine.

Good luck

Oh and try Adrian Flux for your insurance if you havn't already. They've been doing some good quotes recently. £450 at 26!!!! :clap:

the car wasent advertised anywhere when i heard about it. he wants to advetise it for at least a week before selling to see if he can get a better price, which i can totally understand. hopefully it will be mine though, as its in the colour i want and good price i think to.

going to look at a lotus type 79 111s,

the one with gold alloys etc.

its 51k miles, on a w plate, just had c service,

lookin at 10950 i could probly get it for less though,

what do you guys think of this car, and is that a good price?

will it hold its price better bing special edt

£10,950?

How long's it been up for sale? Unless it's a bag of crap, you may find it's sold before you get there, or he's just readvertised at that price. Be amazed if you get it for much more than pennies off the asking price. Why do people always imagine they'll automatically get a discount?

Lotus are dreadful for doing limited editions - too many cosmetic-only tart-ups rather than adding performance to match the paint job. Some look good (Elan Sprint in gold leaf colours, Europa and Esprit in JPS colours), others more "in the eye of the beholder". Not likely to be worth more but more likely to polarise prospective buyers into Love it or Hate it.

Archived