litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Newbie...

catboy

Hey, just thought Id say hello and introduce myself; I was directed here by a guy called Dunc from the pistonheads website

My names Ben, I live in the middle of Leicester, and Im a design consultant (sounds like an intro line for blind date or something!)

Im now totally bored with "normal" cars (went from nuts to normal, now looking to "go lotus" ;) )

I have promised myself an S1 since I saw the prototype at a motorshow all those years ago, and the press were slating it as ugly (soon changed their tune when they drove it!) This summer I am going to bite the bullet and treat myself.. Would dearly love a metalic blue one with yellow (dont think I can spell beige) leather, which seems to be a common combo thankfully!

Im new to the Lotus thing, so will likely to be asking some dumb questions in the near future; if you guys are having a meet somewhere local, will probably pop along for a chat (I will hide my current car around the corner to save embarassment :bye: )

Well I think thats about it for now; Im going back to dreaming of winding country roads for a bit..

b :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Ben

I'm am also pretty new to the Lotus life having got mine in January. I'm also based in Leicester and I am hoping to make it to the mini run tomorrow.

I too have lots of 'stupid' questions that someone with far more knowledge can hopefully answer. The guys at Storm in Leicester seem a nice bunch of guys, you should go down and see them if you get chance.

Good luck.

:bye:

Yes, come to the gathering in Hinckley. 3pm Sunday at Ashby Road Sports Club. You should be able to blag a ride on the mini-run and ask as many questions as you like!

S1, hmm. Welcome to a man with real taste  :)

I get a flaming at work for saying this, but I prefer the S1 shape... There is also the fact I cant afford an S2, but even if I could I prefer the original (although the underbody at the rear on the S2 is very cool to look at!)

On that note, does anyone know if there was a deeper carbonfibre diffuser option on the S1? I was following one this morning which had 4 vertical vanes at the rear, and a much deeper look to it, which Id never seen before

b :drive:

PS... Matty B, thanks for the offer of the 160, but that would kill me on insurance... ...something to aspire to next time around I think!

Hi catboy! The runs are well worth going to, even just for info gathering. Unfortunately I'm not going to the one tomorrow :) I've decided I'm racking up too many miles in the car and summer isn't even here yet :( Don't really want to have to extend the limited mileage insurance policy... :drive:

Hi Ben,

Glad to see you made it over here.

Interested to hear that you are a design consultant. Is that product, graphics or POP?

Used to work for Lewis Ass' in Leicester and know the lads at Hodges and Drake.

I work in Cov' now, which is why the Liz has to stay in the garage during the week.

Let me know if you fancy a spin, 'cos I live in Liecester as well (off Fosse Rd).

Cheers

Dunc

yes catboy you can get the larger 4 finned diffuser at the rear on s1, not seen one in carbon fibre tho to be honest. I personnally have this mod on my norfolk mustard S1 and it sticks out around a extra 6 inch out the back, i think it sets off the arse of the car that little bit more :drive:

Well thanks to all the guys yesterday; Im really sold on the idea now, not that I wasnt before!

Im very impressed with the Elise on backroads and rough surfaces; Ive only ever been on main roads in one, but hammering around back roads certainly seems to be where these fantastic cars come into their element!

Special thanks to Graeme for taking me out in his car; sorry for any mud-flap damage caused by my extra weight :clap:

Hopefully next time you have a local meeting, I can come along in an Elise of my own!...

Hi! I'm also new to MLOC having picked up my S2 111s on Friday from Williams down in Bristol. The weekend was spent getting to know each other on the country lanes around notts and included a 50 minute journey to get a carton of milk from our local shop...!! Once you start driving, it's virtually impossibel to stop it's so addictive. My other half was not impressed though, partly due to the 50 minute wait and also by the fact that by the end of last night we've now got 6 cartons of milk and 4 loaves!!! :clap:

You've got to get one!! Have you considered an S2?

Archived