• Dont Care
    • It came with the car
    • It hides the cars age

Yes or No

Discuss?

my current view is NO.

they serve no purpose apart from saying "i think ive got more money than you"

what else do they do? i cant think of anything

and dont get started on those pr1cks who buy an x5 then get a number plate "x5 gay" or "x5 cok"

we know what it is? it says it about 3 inches away from your plate, yes three inches the same size as your p3nis. ;)

RANT OVER :drive:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sort of see it that they're okay on Fezza's and porches etc.

But I personnaly feel I don't need a private plate to make mine look good! :drive:

Any way, I'm happy with the plate mine came with! - V111 ***

Sonya's reregistered my old one (R768 ???) to M111 ??? (her initials) - subtle enough for car and owner, but don't like the idea of trying to spell Lotus or Elise with some contrived combination.

Unfortunately M111 ??? (my initials) has gone. Could get V111 ??? though if I could be arsed.

Chris

Unless it means something to everyone (eg, ZOOM, 3LISE, etc), I see no point at all.....

Best one I ever saw was something fancy with 3M £VOJ. Was very good in a rear view mirror....

We bought our plate for the Exige, the GB for Great Britain & the REJ standing for Richard & Elaine Jordan, but Reg (Richard) will tell you that it's REJ for Reg, if he thinks I can't hear him! :D

I'v got a private plate and I like it - M4LBN so it kinda spells my surname :D

I know what your saying and i wouldn't have JON 6955 or anything like that but personally i like mine :P . I also like the BLOWN K iv got too but each to their own !

I think some of them work and is just another 'customisation' to an already customised car. Others say its pretentious.

On the downside my beater car that i took in part ex from Nick Gee - has a private plate that looks like PEN15IS or something like that that belongs to his wife ! The amount of stick I have took for this is out of this world :(

:D

I like my plate M7 WDE My name is Mat Wade so it will mean nothing to anyone else but at least its doesn't try to spell anything and fail miserably.

Best one I've seen is BL03 JOB (on a corvette at Goodwood 2 years ago)

I would have thought this will be a touchy subject for those on here who have shelled out for one.

IMO I am not a fan, and think they are a waste of money.

However a prelude round my way has RAARRR, or something like that

which brings a smile to my face

Don't have a problem with them myself - what ever floats people's boats.

Sometimes I think it can look great - once saw a mini with the plate NIPPY, worked for me. Sometimes they can look rank.

I say, if people want to spend a few quid on making their whip a little more personal then "fill ya boots".

My HPI report report said that my car once had the number plate LO7 US which might have been fun. Anyway, the damn things bleeding me dry anyway, without splashing out on a personal plate - tyres gotta come first!

Live and let live I say, except for people with blue LED washer jets - they should all be shot!

Duncs

Anything to do with a name or nickname of the owner of the car is fine.

Anything subtle to do with the car such as 111 or VVC on a 111S is fine.

Anything to do with the make or model of the car such as BMW, X5, MGF or even the LOTUS ones are tacky. Cars have badges - whats the point?

What I dont get is why people would want/pay good money for one of the new "personalised" Plates.

Have you seen the adverts?

They'll have a Nº like DX05 GDV

Then some smug tw@ saying "yeah it like stands for Godfrey Drives a Volvo!" :D:P

What I dont get is why people would want/pay good money for one of the new "personalised" Plates.

Have you seen the adverts?

They'll have a Nº like DX05 GDV

:D  :P

Hey you! That's where ours was from! OK, OK, we have too much money! :D

E. :(

Archived