litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Local/social Meets Around The Mloc Area

Zircon450

Would you be interested in additional locations for MLOC social meets ?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in additional locations for MLOC social meets ?

• Current Notts - Midlands (North)
    • Additional - Bromsgrove - Midlands (Westish)
    • Additional - Leicester - Midlands (Eastish)
    • Additional - Coventry - Midlands(The Deep South)
    • Other and please post location as a reply - MLOC region only.

Would you better be able, and want to attend an MLOC local/social pub meet on a weekday evening or weekend lunchtime/evening if there were more localised gatherings in the MLOC region.

Please don't post any daft answers or use the poll other than a genuine wish to help MLOC gather information about its members and guests needs.

Bob

<EDIT>

Rather than repost to myself.

I would like a local social pub gathering, where I could have the pub boozy chatty thing that they have a Notts without a lengthy drive back.

I do NOT ever drive boozy, but that means if we do go, I can't have a beer, so no beer = why bother with a pub ?

Just one excuse for not going to the current Notts bash I guess, but valid.

<ENDEDIT>

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMHO an additonal meet preferably a weekday evening is a good idea. Anywhere within a 30 min drive of Brum is fine. Im lucky as Liz is understanding enough to drive home, if we go to the pub. An hour or so drive to a pub in Nottingham and then not being able to have a pint is torture for me :D It will be better in the summer and make the driving enjoyable. A decent country run pub in the summer would be the mutts nuts.

We should probably do a Hunningham meet again.

BTW Bromsgrove is west and Leicester is East :D

Thank you Marky boy, the map was upside down at the time :D

Actually thats rubbish, I'm a bit too quick with the typing, and I can't edit the poll, Beefy ??????

Sure everyone will get the idea.

Have to agree with Fiona because I want to vote on more than one option and I can't. :P

I am Based in Birmingham but wouldn't suggest a meeting near the city centre.

Hunningham is good, but I drive that way for the 7 club meeting....

Lichfield would be a reasonable one because its outside Birmingham and people who live south of Brum can get there as well as Notts, Derby, Staffs, Leicester, Worcester, Coventry & Brummies etc..

It depends on if you are trying to get one central MLOC meeting or a North & South area meeting or East and West area meeting....

It would also be nice to see/welcome people with Lotuses other than Exige/Elise and Elans S2's...

As to when, thats a hard one because everyone has different commitments... Week night or Sunday I would say..

I would be interested in a meeting North of Birmingham.

Although, I live in Matlock, work in Brum so rarely get home in time to make Nottingham one.

Whereas, one between Tamworth or Litchfield would be ideal, only slight detour from normal route up A38 and I could just say I'm working late! :P

John

Can we please go back to spelling Lichfield without the 't'....wouldn't want to get it confused with the shandy drinking place v.far south. Lichfield wouldn't be too bad for me.

Would also be interested in an occassional v.v.deep south meeting around Northampton / Rugby area.

We're happy to drive anywhere within the Midlands. :hug:

You've got less chance of us being there if the meets are on a week night though, it'd be ok in the summer, but during the early nights, it's too dark to admire the cars, and too cold to sit outside! :blink:

As a suggestion, how about Hinckley area ? Good links from M6, M1, M69 and A5 and plenty of pubs and clubs with good car parks.

Quite a few members in the area too. Just an idea .....

Bobby boy,

Your poll has a flaw.  I want to vote on more than one option and I can't.  :drive:

Fiona

I'll reply to Fiona, but the same applies really to a lot of posts.

I didn't want to have anone pull away from Fionas Notts group, so listed it as Current, the others were posted as Additional to Notts.

So we have N,E S, W PLUS other locations for chas in the posts of the poll.

By the current stats, there is interest in additional meets, and certainly in other areas than the MLOC global N,E,S,W idea.

As Fiona's efforts have shown in Notts, this virtual club has more interests than just the runs ...

This is a chance to expand the "club" and have more fun, keep posting guys n gals.

;)

Ex Lotus Owner

Archived