litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

I Need Help Big Time!

Greg.g

I feel sick as a pig :angry:

I came back from 6 weeks away on sunday. On monday i thought that i would take the elise for a quick spin. All went well till i pulled into a pub car park to stretch my legs. I then noticed a tack in my front offside tyre near the edge. The tyre was still fully inflated, so i limped back home.

Once i got home i phoned up a dealer to check if they had a replacement tyre in stock... they had, so i went to get one fitted.

Afterwards, i brought the car straight home and put it in the garage.

Today i decided to wash the car, so pullled it out of my garage.

While washing it i noticed a scuff mark on the nearside front wing at the back of the wheel arch and the paint is cracked.

I feel like crying. I have no idea how it could have happened. It looks like the fibre glass is also cracked.

I need help big time. Where do i go from here?

Somebody please lend some advice.

Help.....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone please talk to me :D

Can anyone recommend a good bodywork repairer in the west midlands.

I am pulling my hair out.

If i contact the dealer who fitted the tyre, they will probably deny all knowledge of the damage. All i know is that there is now damage to my little elise.

Please offer some advice.

I feel so sick :D

Shit bit of luck - Give Mike at Horizon a call, the guys next to his unit have a good rep on here. Can't remember the name of the place but Mike will point you in the right direction.

Best wait a couple of weeks before getting it done - fibreglass tends to carry on crazing for days after ther initial bump.

Unlucky Greg. Not much chance of claiming that the dealer did it I'm afraid.

Hallcraft is the place. Have you got any pics? Doesn't sound that bad to be honest, so should be quite cheap to repair <£200. Give them a ring or take a trip down there.

Do Hallcraft give MLOC discounts? Must do after all the business they get from us :D

Thanks martin , steve

I will take some piccies tomorrow, and give hallcraft a ring.

I suppose the best thing will be to take the car down to them so they can check the damage for themselves.

It looks like the car tried to squeeze past something and the wheelearch made contact as there are grazes on it and the paint just behind the wheelarch has buckled and split in 3 creases each one of about 5cm long if that makes any sence.

I will feel a little happier once i have got an idea of the cost of repair.

Greg..... calming down a little now :D

Can highly recommend Hallcraft. Reasonable prices and did an excellent job on mine. AFAIK everyone who's used them has given the thumb up.

Couple of hundred quid at a guess, depending on damage.

I paid hallcraft a visit today.

The car is booked in for monday 21st for the repair. They quoted me £180 which i did not think was too bad.

I also popped into horizon for a chat as well.

Not feeling quite so bad now.

Greg :)

£180 - :tup:

Could've been worse, most important no-one hurt.. blah blah usual.

Sorry you're wrong there Scott. Someone ought to get hurt for doing that to the car :tdown:

Too many instances of some tw@t running into an Elise then buggering off. Anyone caught doing that should also be charged for leaving the scene of an accident then thrown in jail.

Just had to pay my £350 excess for exactly that - some pillock reversing over me in a car park and driving off :)

Must say that Williams in Bristol did a very nice job (Lotus main dealer and just down the road now) though they were a little expensive on the MOT.

Archived