litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Where Is The Clock?

dobber82

Hi all,

I have just bought an S2 111R '07 in White. I love it already.

I have a couple of questions that I didnt even think to ask the previous owner:

1) Where is the clock? Is there one? I dont wear a watch (although I may have to get one now!)

2) Does the car have air bags? Looking at the descriptions in the manual and the layout of mine ... I would say it doesnt?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all,

I have just bought an S2 111R '07 in White. I love it already.

I have a couple of questions that I didnt even think to ask the previous owner:

1) Where is the clock? Is there one? I dont wear a watch (although I may have to get one now!)

2) Does the car have air bags? Looking at the descriptions in the manual and the layout of mine ... I would say it doesnt?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

My S2 has no clock ..ust the time display on the radio/cd player front ...and when in Elise ..forget the time anyway ..life too short to worry about the time ...stop driving when you run out of petrol !!and or need to eat .....and as for air bags ....nope ...welcome to Lotus ownership ....enjoy ..but repect in the wet round corners/islands....or you'll end up the wrong way !!

Thanks for the info.

Investing in a watch is a small price to pay after getting the elise!!

No prob's ...the people on here are a friendly lot ...another white elise ...you'll see Elise laura soon ...shes a fan of the white elise too ...oh and dont forget ALL lotus owners ..wave and flash/toot when passing each other on the road ..it's a sort of 'fellowship' thing ....but dont be scared !!!

hi tom

welcome to mloc..a rich sourse of help, knowledge, support and banter.

hope you stick around and make it to some meets, the unexpected social side of things is the 2nd best bit about

having a loti (1st = :( )

as jon says..no clock, and no airbags, although i think the new models have them.

and seriously, be v careful in the wet, you go from being the fastest thing around roundabouts to just about the slowest

its not big or clever to stuff it on the first wet day, i spun at 20 mph by getting on the power a fraction too early on my 1st rainy drive.

most of all have fun

richbk

A few years ago I used to have the Lotus Elise watch. Strap broke and I bought a training watch t replace it. Not sure if they still sell them.

Welcome to MLOC by the way. You'll have a lot of fun with that machine! Heed the warnings though, another early spinner here! (in torrential rain and no damage and at low speed) :(

Teaches you a lesson tho lol

Fingers crossed for a great sunny summer so you can get some good miles on the clock!

no pun intended :(

Hi Rocketian ... I have elec windows and the Touring pack but not the airbags ... never mind!

Thanks for the advice about the wet ... talking of which I just took the car to Sainsbury's (every mundane trip I am now jumping at doing!!) ... got in and the passenger side had a really wet side pod (dont know what you call it but the lip you have to step over to get in) ... it is leaking. I have undone that side of the soft top and there seems to be a wire type lip on the soft top ... it didnt look like this ran into the groove where the seals are ... I have put that right (is there anything else to check here?).

I will look out for the chap in Redditch and would be more than interested to go to a few meets etc ... sounds good!

Here I am :( Welcome to mloc Tom, nice colour choice :(

Hey EliseLaura... I love your black/anthracite wheels. When I bought mine it was next to a white Exige with those rims (or similar) and I was very jealous! I might have to invest in some!

hi tom

ahhh leaks, your lotus journey begins, just wait till you start trying to get rid of the rattles :(

there are 2 screws recessed into the bottom edges of the door panel, which allows you to adjust how window fits into seal of roof. front and back.

trial and error with a watering can will reduce leaks, but sometimes it cant be stopped at all. also the roofs can lose a degree of there water proof qualities over time.

you can re-proof it, autoglym do a "proofer" or something like that, but wouldn't think yours needs it yet, more likely window alignment

but as i said sometimes you just cant stop it altogether depending on severitiy, rain direction etc.

i always carried a small hand towel under passanger seat in my old elise to mop up, or to leave on sill to catch drops if parked out over night..saves removing carpets / seats to dry out !!!##

if your using as an everydayer, or need to leave car outside at night, i'd consider looking out for a hard top for sale on net, any colour just get it re-sprayed, will save you in the winter and stop you getting fed up with leaks

hth

richbk

lol just seen from avatar that you already have hard top, def just adjust screws then!!!!!!

Hi All ....

Firstly, thanks all for your advice! Greatly appreciated! I have just been out to check the car and at present the leak has stopped :( (touch wood)! I will however be keeping a hand towel under the passenger seat as suggested.

I have a couple more questions but I need to take a couple of photos and its raining outside so will have to wait until the summertime resumes again.

When is the next meet?

Archived