litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Early Winter Diy

Martin R

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Martin, how do you know if there's an airlock? Have you fitted the new rad yet?

Dave, if you feel the rad outlet pipe either as it exits the rad ( by bleed screw ) or as it exits the sill at the rear ( both passenger side ) and its cold when the engine is warm you have an airlock. I repressurized it using the ezzi bleed and also bled again with the engine running at the front bleed screw and it shifted it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Continuation of sixth post.

Ive now fitted the PTP prrt. Here it is.

P1010001-20.jpg

I choose this for a number of reasons. Its the one DVA recommends.

Its the kit with the least messing about to fit. Its not cheap but it does fit a treat.

Its a pretty straight forward job with the rear clam off.

It must be a right bugger to do with it on though.

You have to pull the water rail back a fair bit to remove the old thermostat and the bolts would be hard work to get at.

These are the bits you remove with the PTP kit as well as the old thermostat of course.

P1010003-11.jpg

There is no point on me explaining how to do it as there is a cracking guide on the PTP website.

http://www.ptp-ltd.co.uk/shop/285_239/lotu...mostat__kit.htm

The temp now appears to be rock steady at 82 / 83 degrees. There also appears to be no leaks as well :D I had a bit of trouble with a airlock in the rad again but after bleeding it a couple of times all appears well.

Ive put the exhaust heat shields back on and hopefully its time to put the clam back on.

Whilst having a final look around and check before putting the clam back on i noticed this

P1010004-12.jpg

A bit rusty and grubby for an earth point. A wash and brush up and a couple of new nuts later

P1010005-12.jpg

Before i put the clam back on i also tapped out all the fixings. to make things easier. The fixings are either 6mm or 8mm coarse metric thread. These did the job nicely

P1010006-11.jpg

Heres the car just before the clam went back on. Before anyone pipes up i did replace the jack with another axle stand. I also had to drop the exhaust back off as you can see in the pic.

P1010007-7.jpg

Finally its finished. The 2 bolts on the side by where the speakers go was the only fiddly bit to putting the clam back on. A couple of pics.

P1010008-6.jpg

P1010009-6.jpg

Time to get the MOT done and give it a whirl. I cant wait to be honest.

Archived