litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Cambelt Change At 4years?

MattyB

Just to clear things up - am I meant to be having the cambelt changed now my car is 4 years old? Bearing in mind I'm now on 18k

As it's gotta go up for sale to fund my house purchase (or my RS2 :P) I don't want to 'not' do it, only to find that people will moan/haggle because I haven't. But then, I don't want to change it needlessly.

Can someone clear this up? Ta! :)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the buyer knows a little about elises then they would use it as a bargaining tool (I would).

Getting it done somewhere reasonably priced (Scott will tell you where) will give you the advantage of having a car that can be shown to be maticulously maintained.

Don't give the buyer an easy option to not stump up the cash you want. They would probably be thinking of knocking the main dealer cost off plus a bit for inconvenience too.

Why you selling anyway? You know once it's sold and you have a new house you'll be looking to buy another elise! Seen it so many times recently.

Keep the car :)

Honestly, I'm not sure I can actually sell it. It looks fantastic with the nose resprayed, and I'm really enjoying it at the moment....I also have a huge urge for an S1 Exige (but then I always have)

I've been looking at cars under £9k (the most I can afford without having any laon repayments) and they all bore me before I've got behind the wheel :P

And even if I stay at home I cant keep it cause my parents want their garage back!

I'm Doomed, I tell thee! But I will be back...I might even have to try an S2 next time around :)

My last one was a T plate so 5 years old though only 12k miles. Not sure if using the cam belt or leaving it in the garage to rot is better !

Either way, I was concious of it due to the way I drive and was going to book it in just before I sold it.

Ive had one go on my Fiesta. Its not pleasant. the mechanic said the bill could be anywhere between £150 and a grand. Was £400.

for the sake of £150 its peace of mind.

On the subject of email, Horizon are one of the very rare companies who actually email you back, and usually same day. The amount of companies who have websites with about 3 email addresses - info@, support@, sales@ etc but never respond to any of them....or do so about 3 weeks later :D

Nick Whale was my most recently unanswered....

Archived