litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Eagle Spy Shots

Mark H

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It supposed to have a 3.5L V6 Toyota in apparently. Thats definatly a Lotus with that number plate. I have read on SELOC somewhere that the first ones are just a 2 seater and the later ones will be 2 + 2. I do hope they call it the Excel again, old nostalgic bugger that i am :clap:

Edit, AO is Norwich BTW.

It supposed to have a 3.5L V6 Toyota in apparently. Thats definatly a Lotus with that number plate. I have read on SELOC somewhere that the first ones are just a 2 seater and the later ones will be 2 + 2. I do hope they call it the Excel again, old nostalgic bugger that i am ;)

Edit, AO is Norwich BTW.

I said ages ago the new lump would be 2.5 V6 VVT (MIVEC)

Since Lotus and Mitsi have fallen out of bed again with recent changes in the business .....

I still say, the new engine will be 2.5 MAX and V6 maybe with an s/c option

Mitsy FTO 2.0litre V6 MIVEC (GPX) in an Elise/Europa body and chassis

Nice and stable.

:)

Only guessing

It supposed to have a 3.5L V6 Toyota in apparently. Thats definatly a Lotus with that number plate. I have read on SELOC somewhere that the first ones are just a 2 seater and the later ones will be 2 + 2. I do hope they call it the Excel again, old nostalgic bugger that i am ;)

Edit, AO is Norwich BTW.

Since Lotus and Mitsi have fallen out of bed again with recent changes in the business .....

Nice and stable.

:)

Only guessing

Bob, lets hope its a good one, the Esprit may depend on it.

Can't see it being anything other than a yota v6 myself. They've got a good working relationship with them, stable supply etc. so I doubt they'll change if they've exhausted their "best" options on their list, which AFAIK from rumours they have already.

Mitsi had a cash relationship with Lotus Engineering regarding engines, so no rumour from them.

Agreed though a V6 is the way forward because of the small size, natural balance and endless power options in valvetrain technology.

Both bore and stroke to get the 3.5L in a V6 would be a hefty old lump, some very fine castings, and some pretty poor reliability under heavy stress, just my 2p's worth - Nikasil type liners etc - shudders :)

As i said before the car in the picture has a 3.5 ltr engine

Edit, AO is Norwich BTW.

Nice and stable.

:bleh:

Only guessing

post-2500-1204235914_thumb.jpg

Archived