Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My Track Car Blog

christurbo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suggestion :jumpy:

Oh right! ---- Im leaving tints out.... nice peering into the rear windows to see nothing!

I've got to say that it's a complete enigma to me as to why anyone would do what you are doing but I admire your enthusiasm!

Were all different!

hi chris

cant believe how much you have done!!

what you spent so far?

has the car actually been on a track yet?

does your girlfreind help? or harrass you for time spent on car ?

blog looks good, and the car is a credit to you

but the VX was so much nicer....sorry

richbk

Ha!!!! ;)

BTW the decals are coming off [well most of them!] I only did them for a bit of a joke!

Rich.... I havent counted the pennies yet - and dont want too! To say this little project has gone over my expected costs is an understatement!

The only thing the GF has helped me with is putting the decals on, holding the top of the allen bolts when I was under the car fastening the buckets in place, and making me lots of coffee! [she's a girlie girl and doesnt want to ruin her nails - so she tells me!] Oh and she has done her fair share of complaining on how much time I spend on it - women!

Granted on the VX - it was much nicer by a 10 fold.... its gone though ;)

This little 172 is very rapid - a totally different car to what I bought in the first place. I think you would be surprised at how fast it is!

Dont worry I will try not to hold you up too much on the track!

Its hitting the track in a week - all booked into Barkston Heath in Grantham. I thought Id do a airfield day first to get to grip with it in an open track.

;)

Archived