litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My Track Car Blog

christurbo

Its quite gay I know - but I have setup a blog for my up and coming mini project.

The black beast will be replaced with a silver fox!

All info will be here:-

http://renaultsport-clio.blogspot.com/

Ive got quite alot to write in there on the stuff I have already bought for it, etc, etc, so keep an eye on it! :clap:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you bought a Clio yet Chris?

What have you got planned?

I'd like to get hold of a MK1 Golf Shell and do that up into a track car one day. Along with my 911 targa project and Elan Sprint project! :clap:

But first I have to do my, 'Earn more money' project, 'Buy a bigger house with a big F off garage project' and the important 'Find a woman who doesnt mind me doing all this' project! :)

They sound like good projects!!! lol!!!

Im doing all the usual stuff really - Ive bought most of it already TBH [spent a few G's!!!] Im not getting a roll cage though.....

I havent bought one yet .... too many unloved examples.... I have one in the pipeline though! :clap:

Have you bought a Clio yet Chris?

What have you got planned?

I'd like to get hold of a MK1 Golf Shell and do that up into a track car one day. Along with my 911 targa project and Elan Sprint project! B)

But first I have to do my, 'Earn more money' project, 'Buy a bigger house with a big F off garage project' and the important 'Find a woman who doesnt mind me doing all this' project! :D

No Ladders, you need to focus on the 'Find an older woman (preferably a tarty money grabbing divorcee) who has money to burn project' :)

The rest will just fall into place.... :clap:

I dont have a trailor etc.. I want an occasional hoon around my back lanes so will still be road legal. Even with padding roll cages can kill you instantly.... there was a recent accident on the track where the roll cage knocked out a driver even when he was wearing his helmet - plus it wasnt a bad crash. Although if it was a track only car I would obviously fit one. :clap:

I have been to a track day Fi - just havent participated myself. My mate is a part time instructor that races in the MX5 league plus takes his TVR Tuscan on drifting days so he is a wealth of knowledge.

Fi - whats not to like about taking both yourself and your machine near to its limits in a controlled environment?

As you know I'm no fairy when it comes to driving around... I want to develop my driving skill in a safe environment... Thus regular track days.

I was planning on tracking the VX when the summer was near its end... I bought a helmet too.... but the unthinkable happened.

I really couldnt afford to replace a VX or Elise out of my own pocket if I had a off --- I can with a 172.

Its quite gay I know

Typically VX220 owner'sih then :angry:

was planning on tracking the VX when the summer was near its end... I bought a helmet too.... but the unthinkable happened.

You became pregnant by some alien life form that visited you in the night? :rolleyes:

:lol::clap:

My mate is a part time instructor that races in the MX5 league plus takes his TVR Tuscan on drifting days so he is a wealth of knowledge

sounds like he might know my friend Andy... who tried to scare me in his fairly stripped out/powered up Tuscan S around Donnigton, but i just sat there laughing shouting 'again, again!!'

:rolleyes:

No Ladders, you need to focus on the 'Find an older woman (preferably a tarty money grabbing divorcee) who has money to burn project' :P

The rest will just fall into place.... ;)

:) idea!

Jon, Ladders needs to concentrate on finding any woman that will have him to save his eyesight ;)

He's nearly gone blind already by the look of his current (little "gay" hat) avatar :)

Just noticed Chris's fav book is American Psycho :lol:

Mine too! :):P Do U like the film Chris?

However! helmets, cages, Renault Clios blah blah! Get a real track thing (Elise???) and save your dosh for something else!

IMHO driving skills would be better tuned on road by someone like Ride Drive

Archived