Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My Track Car Blog

christurbo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris,

I've just read the lastest updates in your blog. The annoying rattle is almost certainly the centre section of your exhaust, it goes on most of the 172's at some point and can be most noticeably heard at 4-5k rpm.

What holes on the airbag sensor did you put the resistors in for the steering wheel? If it's any help these are the ones I used for mine and I never had a problem with the light (until I came to removing the wheel!):

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/miles25/DSC00389.jpg

Some people say that once the light has come on you can't get it to turn off again without going to Renault but that's not true, as long as you get the resistors in the right place the light will still turn off even if it has flashed on already.

HTH :drool:

Miles - thanks for the advice! Much appreciated!

I have just bough a Cat Back SS Blueflame system for the 172 to erradicate the problem [fingers crossed hey???] If not I think it may be the heatshield?

Her are the pics of the connectors going into the airbags [there were x 2 of them!!!!] Yours just shows 1 x big connector.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/re...eelRemoval4.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/re...eelRemoval2.jpg

Im confused!!!!!

My main worry is the vibration noise - its horrendous!!!!

:wacko:

I really need to update the blog - Ive bought some more goodies!

I connected mine at the source of the airbag connectors (behind the cowling at the rear of the steering wheel, its a big yellow connector with 8 pin holes) rather than at the actual connectors going into the airbags. I'm not sure where you are but if you want to pop over I can help you out (I'm off work this week due to a fractured foot! :wacko: )

I've heard good things about Blue Flame, just be careful on noise levels as a lot of the clio aftermarket exhausts have problems with strict noise levels such as Bedford, donny etc. Can you choose the noise level from the exhaust when being fitted (i.e. mild sport tune etc).

Where is the vibration noise coming from?

Cheers for that - Im in work all week [not working from home] :blink:

Ive put the resistors right into the end of the connections where they fit into the airbag..... I'll strip down the cowling to find that connector :wacko:

The noise is coming from directly below me .... high pitched vibration enduced noise revving beyond 4/5k and lifting off @ around 6/6k all the way down to 4krpm.

The reason why I chose the blueflame is because it is pretty quiet. I was going all out for a Yozzasport Ragnotti exhaust but it would be far too loud!!!

:)

Archived