28th - 30th June 2024

My Track Car Blog

christurbo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got one of these yet:

http://bookatrack.com/-pC?1950

Just seen it and remembered your site.....

On the same site was this....

vauxhall nova 2 litre tarmac spec.full cage,fire system,vectra v6 brake all round with adjustable bias control,approx 180 bhp engine with the car only weighing in at 800kgs.eats elises with a good driver. give away price at £2495

made me chuckle.... :D

Bada Bling!!!!!!

In all seriousness though about 3 months ago when I was travelling back from a shopping trip with my other half in brum I stupidly tried to show a Nova driver what a VX can do [after he was up my ass for the last 5 miles]...... after about 60mph he absolutely owned me [would have done him on the twisties though!!!:D] Courtney Turbo!!!

Sarah was laughing because a £800 banger owned the VX!

I have heard you can buy a bullet cam that sticks to the car and doesn't need a separate camcorder to film - just a SD card????

Yep, I believe you can get solid state cameras but I don't think the quality is very good (OK for internet posting but not so good for home TV!

I borrowed a 510 resolution bullet camera and used it with our Sony DV camera and the quality is excellent.

Bada Bling!!!!!!

In all seriousness though about 3 months ago when I was travelling back from a shopping trip with my other half in brum I stupidly tried to show a Nova driver what a VX can do [after he was up my ass for the last 5 miles]...... after about 60mph he absolutely owned me [would have done him on the twisties though!!!;)] Courtney Turbo!!!

Sarah was laughing because a £800 banger owned the VX!

Had a bit fun with a clapped out looking Nova merit at Elvington on Saturday - he was at least as fast as me out of the corners, and only v.v.slightly slower through the tight ones. Granted, i'm inexperienced - my suspension is terrible and I've never had a Geo, but his Calibra 2.0l engine, roll cage, and rock hard adjustable set up gave me a run for my money.. (Fully stripped interior, race seats, harnesses, struts etc etc).. :)

Nope I rolled it, and rolled it, and rolled it, [i think you get the point! :lol:]

Its just been sold on Ebay... maybe it will be back on the road at some point!

The Clio is still in Yozzasport.... with the amount of components swapped out - its now a new car. Im upto 20 hours of labour now :)

Archived