litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ohlins Group Buy

Greg.g

dare I ask what the non_Midlands support - Set-Up options are for these Ohlins?

Just in General, and not in connection with your group buy. Do you need to find an official warrantied supplier/fitter to make it worthwhile - and how do you find out who they are?

If the price comes down to approx only double that of the S2 stuff kit, seems like a plan for supply only anyway if you are planning on any regular track use - even if in the future ???

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dare I ask what the non_Midlands support - Set-Up options are for these Ohlins?

Just in General, and not in connection with your group buy. Do you need to find an official warrantied supplier/fitter to make it worthwhile - and how do you find out who they are?

If the price comes down to approx only double that of the S2 stuff kit, seems like a plan for supply only anyway if you are planning on any regular track use - even if in the future ???

Best to address these questions to Horizon directly. They'll certainly do mail order and any competent garage could fit them - but you'd miss out on the geo that way.

If the price is right, I might be in the market for some 2-way Ohlins to replace the 1-ways. I should talk to Mike too!

Thats fine Steve.

I will leave you on the list as a possible. I am going to let this run till next week before giving mike a call anyway. Then the balls in his court and he should be able give us some figures for the numbers interested.

Err I'm still looking into suspension options, so don't think we can commit to this group buy.

It's ok Fiona said she was, so we don't care about you :clap:

Alasdair, i can't remeber the details now but there are a couple of garages up that a-way who are pretty competent with an Elise, NYLOC/NORLOG (can never remember which!) will have advice i'm sure... sadly there are no approved Ohlins dealers up there AFAIK, it's currently Plans or Horizon.

As Graeme says though, Mike will mail order i'm sure but you will miss out on the Geo - worth a drive down to get them setup to start with to see what they can do?

nice one - i'll follow this with interest, cheers !

TBH it's for future - just had the clutch done, bodywork is next (rear clam is split quite badly).

Graeme - Did you say you were at Croft tomorrow? I'll try to get some Pic's from the spectator point behind the esses to see how much body roll you get :clap: Croft is just down the road from me - will probs be popping along in the afternoon for a burger and a watch.

Yes, I'll be at Croft, and so will Stevie, so please come and introduce yourself. I'll be in the silver S1, most likely parked next to Steve's laser blue S2. Photos would be great if you're around - I'm a tightwad and it'll save paying the pro's for some! (apologies in advance if you're a professional track photographer...).

My "body roll" is extensive, the car however, fairs much better!!

Graeme, ive only seen Croft on video but it does look top notch. Dont forget to give us the run down after you have been. It may be another track to do. The list is getting longer, shame the bank balance does not match it. Have a good one :clap:

Yes, I'll be at Croft, and so will Stevie, so please come and introduce yourself. I'll be in the silver S1, most likely parked next to Steve's laser blue S2. Photos would be great if you're around - I'm a tightwad and it'll save paying the pro's for some! (apologies in advance if you're a professional track photographer...).

My "body roll" is extensive, the car however, fairs much better!!

ha ha I'm the worst photographer in the world, but will deffo come say hello ! :clap:

The list so far including SELOC members...

1. Greg

2. Steve-n

3. Scott

4. Fiona possibly

5. Jamo ?

6. Nichop

7. AnthonyR

8. Mad 20v

9.mseth

These are obviously dependant on price.

I will let the group buy run till tuesday and then give mike a call.

Well this was Greame about an hour ago, I even had a little drive (thanks again mate) around the twisties near the circuit - i can vouch for how absolutely planted the car felt - a lot of this down a top geo too though ;0)

post-750-1154876482_thumb.jpg

Nice to meet you all - I have added the rest of the Pic's to the gallery Events section. Most are rubbish, but I caught a few decent ones ;0:

Well this was Greame about an hour ago, I even had a little drive (thanks again mate) around the twisties near the circuit - i can vouch for how absolutely planted the car felt - a lot of this down a top geo too though ;0)

post-750-1154876482_thumb.jpg

Nice to meet you all - I have added the rest of the Pic's to the gallery Events section. Most are rubbish, but I caught a few decent ones ;0:

Intersting point to be breaking there Graeme!!!

To be fair to Graeme, I've just read the Track Guide:-

"Turn 4 (Graeme Bend)

*) A-typical corner that requires an unusual approach

*) Head down hard and fast - the preferred entry technique.

*) Turn in after the 100yard board being extremely careful to miss the apex

*) Continue turning until it becomes apparent that you have far too much mid-corner speed.

*) BRAKE!"

So a text book example captured !

The list so far including SELOC members...

1. Greg

2. Steve-n

3. Scott

4. Fiona possibly

5. Jamo ?

6. Nichop

7. AnthonyR

8. Mad 20v

9.mseth

These are obviously dependant on price.

I will let the group buy run till tuesday and then give mike a call.

Yep, i'm in if the price is right.

Archived