litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. And yes, I know the interior needs a good clean
  3. A small job I finally got round to doing was to tidy up the gear shaft which I did with some heatshrink tube.
  4. Not 100% sure. There was about a small postcard size of oil on the floor but when I took undertray off I couldn't see any signs where it might be coming from. So I gave everything a wipe like the driveshafts, jacked the rear up, stuck it in 1st and ran the engine several times, but no further oil on the floor. So now with the undertray on, I've jacked up one side so any new oil drips will drip onto the undertray, flow to one end and drip onto the floor and then I'd need to investigate again.
  5. What was your oil leak in the end?
  6. Thanks. I'd almost forgotten how much fun it is to drive
  7. Excellent Job Badger Looks stunning outside and underneath 👍
  8. Last week
  9. After nearly 6 months of a winter rebuild/refresh, my T49 is back in the game 😊
  10. Thanks for the tip. Just ordered. Going to give it a go. Same as you I have a little bit a free travel in the brake pedal sufficient to take the pedal below the loud pedal when braking hard at the point i want to heel. Will see if this takes that away. 👍
  11. Wow! I cant believe how many cars you've got through Eric! That is some journey. The brand new 1.6 for a 'run around' made me laugh, it sounds like it wasn't even good enough for that. lol Looks like your down the road from me (Wellesbourne way?) Im in Cubbington. Maybe see you at the one of the monthly Sunday breakfast meets that happens in Stoneleigh.
  12. When I got my Elise last year, it didn't come with a roof bag. Now the summer has started to emerge and its spending more time in the boot, I wanted to get a bag. The official Lotus bags were about £50+ Scouted around on ebay, and picked up a padded zip bag, perfect size....£12 including postage. Bargain for anyone looking for one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335174487698 80cm by 20cm
  13. Just embrace it Badger, it's all part of the rebuild process. Road test found issue...perfect!👍 I hope I haven't cursed you with my cautionary tail about the EP gearbox oil seals. Waiting with baited breath for next update
  14. As one door closes (fitted new front pads and discs this morning) another one opens as I have a patch of oil under the engine area so now time to remove the undertrays and have a look see as to what's going on.
  15. Ah, too late as already fitted a new front plate
  16. Book Now Don't miss out for full info follow the link https://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/litpbooking/
  17. Maybe a 'custom' set of plates Badger?
  18. OK Badger we will come up with a fitting plan
  19. All was going well on my 1st test drive on Wednesday. Speedo working, temp steady at around 80 deg c, no bangs, knocking or grinding noises. That was until about 10 miles in when the brakes began sounding awful. A very careful drive home, and yep I'd managed to put a brake pad in the wrong way round (good on left, bad on right). No need to call me an idiot, I already feel like one. New pair of pads and as the disc got badly scoured also had to buy a new pair of discs. Arrived today, job to do tomorrow
  20. And LOT confirmed they will donate some vouchers
  21. The LOT voucher I bought either for the auction or raffle has arrived. A parting gift from Badger junior
  22. Hi Dave Glad to hear it went well for you, and many thanks for the tips, they're useful to be able to plan it better, knowing the whole door trim needs to come off. I have had it off before when the window winding went wonkey(!) so I know it's a fairly easy job. I might use spray glue, since I'm doing the teardrop, which will be off and away from everything else. Thanks again Oli
  23. Nope, I checked! They won't fit in my boot
  24. Need some new rears for the Exige, what are people using these days? Currently have Pirelli PZero Corsa Asymmetricos on there. Last time i replaced them, they were hard to come buy, does anyone know of the current / updated version? What are a decent road/track tyre these days. thanks Paul
  25. Usually given in one go. Approx. 52 packets (4-5 cases).
  26. Thats Great thanks Guy, how will that work? Ray
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use