litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Auxiliary Lighting

KurtB

When I get my Exige back on the road, I want to drive it on quiet roads in the hours of darkness. This is because I get frustrated with driving on 60mph roads at 42mph, I am often awake in the night at silly hours unable to sleep, and why waste an opportunity to actually enjoy my car because the real world is sleeping?!

As the lights in the Exige are fairly dire, and I'd like to turn night into day, I was thinking of mounting a light bar onto the front of the car for night time driving only. I would attach it on brackets attached to the front splitter (number plate bracket, and undertray) support it through the grille, switch it using the aux lamps, and mount it at about number plate height.

Any issues with what I'm proposing, and can anyone recommend a light bar?

Cheers,

Kurt

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I think both Fish and Dobbo are right, upgrading what I already have is probably best, but I'm not keen on that twin headlamp look that Fish posted. What IS that car anyway?!?

I already have driving lamps but the spread of the beam isn't wide enough really. I want light to go out to the sides as well as forwards.

Leigh, a lamp pod would be great (and that one is attractive) but I'd hate to cut the body for something that I'd want to completely remove for daytime driving.

Perhaps I'll upgrade what I have first, then look at broader options. Cheers guys.

Haha, you've survived your foray into the technical section then?!? I think it's MLOC time mate, it's an hour out of kilter, I think I posted an hour later!

I'll try the options matey, just want the thing back on the road now...

Simon, I suspect you may have posted with your tongue in cheek, but that's exactly what I want, night into day!

Leigh, I agree, but on the roads I have in mind, I doubt I'll meet traffic. There may be the odd rabbit that's taken unawares though!

There may be the odd rabbit that's taken unawares though!

Unawares? You either give the furry little sod sun burn or arc eye with lights that strong!

Archived