Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Site Layout And Features

Mark H

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple of items:

When you click on "Last Post" on the list of threads, it takes you to the top of the page containing the last post, rather than onto the last post itself.

Website stats have lost the Top 10 posters (still got the monthly & weekly). Is this deliberate?

Any chance you could repeat the "View New Posts" link at the bottom of a page (like SELOC). Saves my poor RSI'ed finger on the scroll-wheel.

Seems stable and looks great. Well done!

Probably missing something here, but the text seems to stretch to far right on my monitor. I end up not being able to read all the text on the right hand side.

I tried the narrow text option, but the same applies.

Perhaps i should move my monitor two inches to the right of my desktop :D;)

It should be better for you now, only a few pages will go off the edge of the screen if any at all. You really should try upping your screen resolution to something like 1024 x 768 if your monitor if your PC supports it, running in 800x600 is pretty old now ;)

Not sure what version of Windows you have but there is a quick guide here:

http://www.helpwithpcs.com/tipsandtricks/c...tion-win-xp.htm

Can always change it back if you dont like it, takes a few hours to get used to normally. :)

When you click on "Last Post" on the list of threads, it takes you to the top of the page containing the last post, rather than onto the last post itself.

This works ok for me, are you sure your clicking on the right thing? If you click on the title text it will just take you to the topic at the top of the page.

If you click on the little icon next to the unread post it will take you to the last unread post in that thread.

I admit its not that obvious until you know, but very obvious when you do. I think the icon says something like "goto last unread" if you hover your mouse over it.

* Member's Display Name

Optionally allow your members to choose thier own display name which is separate from their log-in username, and change it as often as you allow.

Where is this option please? I've always wanted to be known as something more intelligible than enxrjm!

I can't use the "Post New Topic" or "New reply" function when I'm at work. The page takes about 5 minutes to load and, when it does load, I get a "Done, with errors message" and the rich text field doesn't load.

I'm on Windows XP with tons of customised security features. JS is not normally an issue.

Mark, I know you can't fix such specific problems but thought I'd post in case anyone else was having the same issues.

"Line: 1936

Char: 1

Error: Object Expected

Code: 0

URL: http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/index.php?

act=post&do=reply_post&f=2&t=7647"

* Member's Display Name

Optionally allow your members to choose thier own display name which is separate from their log-in username, and change it as often as you allow.

Where is this option please? I've always wanted to be known as something more intelligible than enxrjm!

I've switched it off but if you want your username changed then message me, its pretty easy to do :rolleyes:

I can't use the "Post New Topic" or "New reply" function when I'm at work. The page takes about 5 minutes to load and, when it does load, I get a "Done, with errors message" and the rich text field doesn't load.

I'm on Windows XP with tons of customised security features. JS is not normally an issue.

Mark, I know you can't fix such specific problems but thought I'd post in case anyone else was having the same issues.

"Line: 1936

Char: 1

Error: Object Expected

Code: 0

URL: http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/index.php?

act=post&do=reply_post&f=2&t=7647"

Which skin (bottom left of the screen) are you using? Does it work if you switch the rich text editor off? :clap:

Sounds like part of the javascript is being blocked, at least its working now :rolleyes:

I might make the standard editor default for new users and advanced users can switch on the RTE when they are happy with it :clap:

One last thing, Mark. New calendar entries are "submitted for moderation". This is ok with me but didn't know if you were aware.

Also (ok two last things), my new Pub Meet Event has an "options rating". Is this only for events?

Thanks for that, didnt realise moderation of events was switched on, this is off now.

There should be a ratings option for every thread, I'm pretty sure I've switched that on for every forum, I can certainly see a rating option for this thread. Let me know if I've missed any.

Options should allow you to do stuff like track a topic and ratings allows you to rate how good you think the topic is.

Ahh I see what you mean by options rating, I've removed it from your post for now and will keep an eye out to see if anyone else gets that problem.

Hi Mark,

Same experienced under Wide and Narrow.

However, I have turned the RTE off and it now works fine.

Cheers.

Was going to say was suffering the same problem (suspect CWD issue) now where is that RTE off switch?? Edit found it I hope.)

Hi Mark,

Same experienced under Wide and Narrow.

However, I have turned the RTE off and it now works fine.

Cheers.

Was going to say was suffering the same problem (suspect CWD issue) now where is that RTE off switch?? Edit found it I hope.)

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/index...=UserCP&CODE=04

Option to switch it off is at the bottom :eek:

Archived