litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Exige S

Mark H

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They probably do not want to piss the 240r and 240 cup owners off.

Well they'll have pissed off plenty of owners of "ordinary" S2s, who will now see their values fall, plus, as they claim "it's the fastest ever Lotus to come of the production line", they've succeeded in pissing off all those peeps who've gone & spent well over £40K on the 240R & 240 Cup cars. Lotus marketing is to put it bluntly, a bloody shambles, particularly when you chuck the Europa into the equation as well.

It's a shame for the dealers, especially the real good guys like Rob, who have to live with the consequences!

Dosn't particually piss me off as an owner of an S2 and teh cup and 240r is quicker and has more equipment. Just makes me want one in a years time when mines 3 years old.

I think the biggest difference with the supercahrger will be the extra torque that the engine really needs.

I'm not sure about all the colour coded bits though. I like the contrast especially on the bright colour cars ! yellow, orange etc

Might have to test drive when one gets to the dealers.... Rob ??

Chris

If it wasn't for Lotus bringing out this car then I wouldn't have just picked up a bargain S2 so I am quite pleased. I like the concept of increased torque, will maake the car easier to exploit.

Not keen on the colour coding - but thats just personal

yum, yes please!!

i agree with chris_h about the colour coding, i especially liked the white exige with the black detailing... not to worry though, i think i'd have a black car anyway!!

now... who needs some graphics doing???? :D

spike :wacko:

They probably do not want to piss the 240r and 240 cup owners off.

Well they'll have pissed off plenty of owners of "ordinary" S2s, who will now see their values fall, plus, as they claim "it's the fastest ever Lotus to come of the production line", they've succeeded in pissing off all those peeps who've gone & spent well over £40K on the 240R & 240 Cup cars. Lotus marketing is to put it bluntly, a bloody shambles, particularly when you chuck the Europa into the equation as well.

It's a shame for the dealers, especially the real good guys like Rob, who have to live with the consequences!

I don't worry about the values to much although I must say it certainly isn't a good situation. Just spare a thought for the people driving around in the Mitsi's who have an evolution every fortnight and they don't seem to suffer to much. I did read I think in evo (I think) that you were just as well sticking to the standard s2 Exige for general road use and that's were I think a lot of the new generation of Exige buyers will stay.

Personally if I had the money I would have gone for the 240r but I do drive on track. i would think the standard car will stay in demand as I say for the possers . :wacko:

Cheers

Steve

Archived