litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

How much does your Lotus cost mechanically every year?

Charlied85

I decided to do a bit of an exercise to work out the exact cost to keep my Lotus Esprit on the road for those who might be interested. I'd be keen to know what sort of money you allocate every year to your older cars!! I intially figured about £2,000 per year for the Esprit... May have slightly miscalculated that!! :)

• Charlied85 changed the title to How much does your Lotus cost mechanically every year?
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see you on Sunday Charlie, car looked/sounded great.

Some of your bills are a bit eye-watering but at least the value of your Esprit MUST have increased by way more than you've spent. Getting the petrol tank out will be a very labour intensive job, maybe you need to brush up on your spannering skills? :lol:

Black plinth looks good - I approve :)

It's a fab car Charlie, I reckon you must soon be reaching the point where all the major repair bills have been paid and you should have a good few years of low cost motoring....apart from the fuel of course 😁

• 2 months later...
On 14/04/2022 at 08:21, Phil S1 said:

It's a fab car Charlie, I reckon you must soon be reaching the point where all the major repair bills have been paid and you should have a good few years of low cost motoring....apart from the fuel of course 😁

Cheers Phil! Just showed my wife this message after she saw the latest bill for the Fuel tank job. Its made her feel slightly happier!!! 😂

Archived