litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise S2 K series instrument cluster needed

kpelise

Hi all,  my instrument cluster has failed and I need to find a new or used one.  My car is a MY2004 Elise S2 111S Rover K Series.  Here are the details of the instrument cluster:

Cluster Manufacturer:  Shurlock

Instrument Cluster Model: Monsanto MPH

Lotus Part Number: A117M0123F

Serial Number: 004840

If anyone has one available, please get in touch.  You can email me directly at [email protected]

Lotus Elise S2 Instrument cluster.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MG4LOTUS Please?!  Are you serious / really that paranoid?   I am in genuine need of this part for my car which has now been out of action for 6 weeks.  It's stuck with my mechanic who now needs the car to be moved and I have no working instrument cluster.  Hence the post.

And yes, I do work in recruitment and I DO NOT WANT TO PISH FOR PEOPLES EMAILS.  What a very interesting first impression I now have of this forum.

So, moving on, if anyone has any constructive help they can offer then I'd appreciate it. 

Apologies KP. It just seems a bit weird that you would use a general contact e-mail address for a recruitment company when this is an open discussion forum and it also has the facility of personal messaging.

Not everyone on here is like me. Yes, I am suspicious and have no desire to be scammed, which is all too prevalent at the moment. I'm not saying in any way that you are related to a scam.

Thanks Will.  My old one's with a company called Cluster Repairs UK and they've had it for over a month now and keep telling me it's nearly fixed whatever that means.  Basically, I'm now being fobbing me off and I'm going to tell them that they have till tomorrow to fix it or I want it back it whatever state it's in.  I saw one on ebay too but it's pricey and in a different country but that may be my best bet.

Thanks again.

No worries MG4lotus.  I put my email address on here to make it easy for  someone to contact me directly.   To be honest, I just want my Elise fixed and back in my garage.   I've had it 12 years and I'm missing it!

2 hours ago, kpelise said:

Thanks Will.  My old one's with a company called Cluster Repairs UK and they've had it for over a month now and keep telling me it's nearly fixed whatever that means.  Basically, I'm now being fobbing me off and I'm going to tell them that they have till tomorrow to fix it or I want it back it whatever state it's in.  I saw one on ebay too but it's pricey and in a different country but that may be my best bet.

Thanks again.

I've heard they speak funny but I think folk from Gloucester still count as being from the UK even after brexit ? 😅

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INSTRUMENT-CLUSTER-LOTUS-ELISE-MK2-2001-On-1796-PETROL-Speedo-Clocks-WARRANTY-/164536292882?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Thanks Will.  I saw this unit and it's actually off a Toyota engine car (Mine's a K series VVC) and the part code on the cluster's different so I decided it wouldn't work.

So, Cluster Repairs have finally told me this afternoon they can't repair my instrument cluster. Now a kind chap has responded to me from another forum and has the right unit that he's posting out for me to test.   Fingers crossed it'll work and thanks for everyone's help. 

28 minutes ago, kpelise said:

Thanks Will.  I saw this unit and it's actually off a Toyota engine car (Mine's a K series VVC) and the part code on the cluster's different so I decided it wouldn't work.

So, Cluster Repairs have finally told me this afternoon they can't repair my instrument cluster. Now a kind chap has responded to me from another forum and has the right unit that he's posting out for me to test.   Fingers crossed it'll work and thanks for everyone's help. 

How frustrating!  The ebay listing is for a 2001 model  which would have been fine. But the picture of the car (we can assume it came from?) is definitely a much later toyota model.

Good luck with the replacement.  👍 

8 hours ago, kpelise said:

My car's too old so isn't compatible.

Your car is compatible with a Garw dash which may be a little easier to get hold of than a shurlock cluster.

Where are you based? I could possibly lend you my dash to enable movement of the car?

Hi Alex,  Thanks for the info.  I've found a used cluster now and will be testing it next week.  I've checked out the Garw cluster but they don't seem to have any stock at all.   If the used unit doesn't work then this may be another option if they actually make/sell them still?

Archived