litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise S2 K series instrument cluster needed

kpelise

Hi KP

Moving the car about - some years ago the dash on my Ford Focus failed. It took me 2 or 3 weeks to get it replaced. In the meantime I didn't want to get a speeding ticket so I installed a speedometer app on my mobile phone. I used a suction cup mount on the windscreen for the phone so it was easily viewed.

Sorted.

Just wondering KPelise, are you KP of KPHR, do you own the business?

The app uses GPS so it is accurate. You can use to check how accurate a working speedo is.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, kpelise said:

Hi Alex,  Thanks for the info.  I've found a used cluster now and will be testing it next week.  I've checked out the Garw cluster but they don't seem to have any stock at all.   If the used unit doesn't work then this may be another option if they actually make/sell them still?

They are made in batches, but come up fairly regularly second hand

I'm KP of KPHR Recruitment.  Thanks for the info about the speedo app.  As I said, I've now got a used unit that should be landing today.  Fingers crossed it works.

Sorry if I appeared a bit paranoid earlier. I am not paranoid but I am careful. I am probably more aware of the issues than some people. Being an IT expert I have to deal with the aftermath of virus attacks, ransomware, phishing, other malware and scams.

The business I work for has over 4,000 employees, it regards the problem with such weight that it requires all it's employees to attend a cyber awareness course. The cost of these courses is nothing compared to the possible and actual costs of viruses etc. Being in the recruitment industry I would expect you are aware of these issues anyway.

Archived