litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Elise front indicators

Chris Richards

Hi, just put my Elise back on the road and found the n/s front indicator wasn't working.  Turns out the contact in the bottom of bulb holder has corroded and rotted through.  Looks like most of the Lotus spares places want to sell the whole unit, lens and all, for £150 or so.  Does anyone know which other cars use the same bulb holder so I can just buy one of those?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know which car they’re off or if they’re Lotus specific but I’d try Phil Peek(Junks) on seloc, he’s running his operation down but he’s probably your best chance, failing that try a wanted ad on seloc, the units are notoriously dodgy so somebody might have just a bulb holder kicking about. I’ve just had a look through my old stuff and came a across these two. I suspect they are rears though? Your welcome to one if you think it’s any use, I’m sure one could be doctored to fit if you get really stuck.

EAC15B6E-C042-4C02-B199-F80EEA184509.jpeg

6ACDFB37-D773-402A-A336-0ECF6406EE97.jpeg

If Junks hasnt any and you do need the full indicator, try Ollie at Phoenix, he did have a box of N/S indicators.  

I've got a slightly damaged one otherwise, and the holder should be in good condition - I' ll check if you do want it 😎

5 hours ago, Chris Richards said:

Thanks to you both.  Martin, I only need the holder so if you have one that would be great.  Jonathan, if i can't get one I know will fit, I'll come back to you.

No probs Chris, I'll check tomorrow and let you know if its ok. 

Just checked, still got it and in good condition, so long as it looks like this :) 

DSC_2853.JPG

Looking at Jonathan's white one they look the same, even if its a rear one wouldnt surprise me if they used the same part to cut costs/ supply issues. 

5 hours ago, Martin 111S said:

Just checked, still got it and in good condition, so long as it looks like this :) 

DSC_2853.JPG

Looking at Jonathan's white one they look the same, even if its a rear one wouldnt surprise me if they used the same part to cut costs/ supply issues. 

I've messaged you.  Many thanks!

Archived