litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

NA Toyota Exige 190 momentary loss of power

kayj_prod

Hi all,

With lockdown easing, I took a glorious trip up to Norfolk on Sunday from Berkshire. 320 miles of fun, (minus the M25 which still has people sitting in lane 2 at 65mph with lane 1 empty).

Anyway, at some point on the A11, roughly 4000 rpm, engine at temperature, not under acceleration or cornering, I lost power for a second- not a total loss, not even like a lift off from the accelerator. It was fine for the rest of the journey. This has happened before on the way back from LiTP last year, same sort of circumstances. 

No issues starting, with oil or with cooling. 23000 miles.

Thoughts? 

A picture in Norwich before I left...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith  how would I know mate?!?  Do I look like Gav? (actually he's looking more like me every day, the lad is 😁). Photo of your car looks mint though 👍👍👍

Hi Keith,

Car looking fab there 👍

I don't know anything about the Toyota engine and it's service schedule but has it ever had a fresh fuel filter? Just wondering whether there could be a bit of muck in the fuel line?

Thanks. I'm really happy with that photo- it will be my first calendar entry with the Exige!

I did wonder about the fuel filter, Phil. The service book is fully stamped, but maybe with it being such low mileage, like other things, it needs attention based on age. 

I've just looked up the service schedule and the fuel filter isn't even mentioned; unlike the K series, it seems it is a non-service item in the tank. 

Erk.

I wonder if I get a code reader something might show up?

Archived