litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Instrument cluster lights

jako999

Hi all after yesterday’s outing I’ve got in the car this morning and the instrument cluster lights are out on an 2010 S2 are they bulbs or led’s also seems a bit strange that I assume there is mor then one and they are all out? Before I strip it down any info please I can’t seem to find much about the Illumination side.

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't help too much, but I would have strongly thought they would be LED - they have been on most of my previous cars dating back to the early 2000's.

Dash brightness is adjustable isn't it too - presume you've tried the dimmer...??

On 24/06/2019 at 08:28, jako999 said:

Hi all after yesterday’s outing I’ve got in the car this morning and the instrument cluster lights are out on an 2010 S2 are they bulbs or led’s also seems a bit strange that I assume there is mor then one and they are all out? Before I strip it down any info please I can’t seem to find much about the Illumination side.

Thanks

There is a Button on the  Steering column which controls how bright on not the instrument panels is, check your handbook  I doubt it's a failure but then you never know 😀

First try the dimmer button - possible you've pushed and held it in.

Next remove the fuse and replace, as this resets it ;) Had this a couple of time on my old 2008 SC - think its no. 9 IIRC  ( but check handbook )

After these - its gets more painful I'm afraid.

Thanks all sorted it😁

Took the dash apart and it turned out the plug had come loose in the back of the clocks. Pulled it out a spray of cleaner put it back in and bingo.

Thanks again.

Archived