litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Newbie considering a track orientated Elise

Mark10

3 hours ago, scatty said:

Don’t do it !!! He nearly killed me last time I had a pax at Cadwell.

and now he’s got more power...

Haha I’m pretty sure it’s you scatty, every time you get in a car with someone with end up spinning.

you did it too Russ at Donington and Andy at Blyton!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Mark10 said:

Thanks for the further info Dan.

I guess I need to try and find a S2 fitted with thinner seats and try it for size before ruling them out.

Do you know if the roof heights (soft tops) from the floor are the same on the S1 and S2?

All S2's have some form of padded seat which will be higher than S1 original seats.

Worth considering that all seaets are also interchangeable so you could easily fit S1 seats into an S2 if required.

12 hours ago, DeanB said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that the roof height of the s2 is fracrionally lower than the s1.  The windscreen frame height is the same but the s1 roof rises up a tad.

That’s certainly the impression I got when I sat in them both.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 22:51, MattyB said:

Mark was it you I was chatting to over on SELOC about the Elise search?

Hi Matt,

I have signed up to SELOC but not been active on it yet. I think I might have found a possible car.

Ah, I was chatting to another Mark on SELOC asking similar questions, just wondered :D

Well, if you're interested I'll be putting mine up for sale in a few weeks - could be the good basis for a track car with all the suspension work and falls within your budget (just!).

Archived