litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Radiator/coolant?

Lisa Newman

Hi does anyone have any ideas where this could be leaking from? Thinking it's possibly the radiator but can't seem to see leak . Thankyou in advance.3f1b8090122e8d5db2d139be74608d02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to say, I suppose the first question is are you sure it is coolant, has the level gone down in the header tank at all? It's usually the joints between the matrix and plastic end caps that start leaking or can be just a loose hose but as this looks more central then maybe the matrix itself is damaged? It's likely to be a clam off job to get to the bottom of it I'm afraid in which case I'd be fitting s new tow post too, judging by the looks of that one.

Thankyou I'm just a women and knows very little haha. I'll get the hubby to take panels off tomorrow and yes I said the same about the tow bar - looking a little worse for wear, least I know what it is now lol . Thankyou

My rad split at the join of the matrix and plastic heads but spewed coolant out over the screen and me with roof off! Best to replace with a full ally rad. Did mine myself and replaced the tow post which looked just like yours and came off in my hand. Also replaced all fixings with Stainless Steel ones. Unusual that it is in the middle unless something has holed it.

My rad split at the join of the matrix and plastic heads but spewed coolant out over the screen and me with roof off! Best to replace with a full ally rad. Did mine myself and replaced the tow post which looked just like yours and came off in my hand. Also replaced all fixings with Stainless Steel ones. Unusual that it is in the middle unless something has holed it.

Where did you get your rad from and is it easy to replace?

Where did you get your rad from and is it easy to replace?

My best mate runs a motor factor and ordered it for me.
Getting the clam off was a right ball ache but actually changing the rad was simple. I sheared 3 bolts when taking the clam off and had great problems drilling them out in order to put new ones in.

Archived