litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Panda 100Hp

chrislane

Thanks Luke (and everyone else). These comments all pretty much reaffirm what i was thinking.

I have now also started looking at the bottom end of the clio 172 market, but suspect i would be opening myself up to potentially bigger maintenance bills at a similar price point to the panda.

Cheers

Chris

Ive had a couple of clios in the past before moving onto the VX (172 cup and 182 trophy). Great cars and if have had another in a heartbeat for this job but she was adamant she was having 4 doors! :(

Definitely a massive step above the 100hp performance wise but higher running costs (belt/dephaser as above are a must) 172cup is the one I'd have again - properly basic spec so less electrics to go wrong. Lack of aircon makes the belt changes easier and cheaper too. A good one of these will be similar money to a good 100hp but probably harder to find!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that the steering lacks feel in the Swift, but not experienced it myself. Anyone had one?

Far from it. One of the best handling FWD cars I've owned and driven. It changes direction like a fly with the back end stepping out way before the front looses grip. Engine needs to be worked but it was built to be revved. Mine was a 2009 mk2 and I only sold it to buy a house.

My ex had a Swift- bog standard spec. Pretty roomy and reasonably comfortable, but yeah, no feel. Too much assist in the steering I think and it always felt a bit rolly in a sort of 2CV way (in that it didn't actually let go).

EDIT: Haha, just saw I cross posted with Un1eash. So that's nice and clear for you... but I didn't drive it that often so maybe just didn't get to enjoy it,

Its definitely an option being considered, but prices seem to be slightly higher than the panda ............ which will reduce the amount available to spend on a fun car!

Guy across the road has a fiat punto 1l for 395sheets if you want really cheap Chris???

Archived