litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Bespoke Braided Hoses

richbk

Morning all.

I'm replacing my Oem discs front and rear this spring with some lovely floating bells and ap grooved discs up front and similar looking but standard grooved rears as I can't afford to do both and don't believe there's a real need to go mad on the rears due to braking bias . I'm sticking with 288/290 discs as

A) my car is a standard na exige and has never felt under braked with decent pads

B) only issue I've had is overheating on a couple of track days on fronts and I'm told the new set up is designed to run longer and harder that Oem.

C) I'm no driving god

Seems like a good time to replace the hoses too and here I have the chance to save a bit of cash and also have something of high standard. An unusual mix.

A good friend told me on Saturday that his company make all the parts for Goodrich hoses ( except the hose if that makes sense :))and could sort me a set of all connecting bits to make a set of hoses, he has also put me in contact with a local firm that make hoses to order in size, material of your choice .

So all I need from the mloc massive is a bit of knowledge as usual :)

Does anyone have / know the dimensions of the connecting parts or part numbers ,

Or done anything similar?

Or gave any suggestions on best material for hoses, stainless steel etc ?

Thx as ever

Richard

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you get all the bits, make them up yourself, it really is easy to do! Although if Goodrich make a set for the Exige/Elise it's hardly worth making them yourself, unless you want to change the spec from 'standard'.

I've always bought the components from rally design.

Mine where stainless steel with a clear plastic coating over them. Not sure what material is under the stainless steel, probably some form of plastic/rubber.

I think off the shelf they are only about £50 for all 4 for the correct ones so make sure you don't spend more time /money faffing around making bespoke ones.

Not sure how true it is, but I heard fully floating discs can be quite noisy.

Mine where stainless steel with a clear plastic coating over them. Not sure what material is under the stainless steel, probably some form of plastic/rubber.

I think off the shelf they are only about £50 for all 4 for the correct ones so make sure you don't spend more time /money faffing around making bespoke ones.

Not sure how true it is, but I heard fully floating discs can be quite noisy.

As Chris said i think i paid £50 for a full set of braided hoses,

http://www.eliseparts.com/products/show/2/6/stainless-steel-brake-hoses/

cheers guys.

looks like time slot to get them fitted is quiet tight so have ordered a set from dave at seriouslylotus

but might look into making a set for future if i can source parts cheaply (free)

was considering having suspension stripped cleaned and nickel plated as he can do the plating gratis too, but figure i could end up spending £ on new bushes etc if i take it all to bits??

will let you know about the floating bells, re noise - i hope not

richbk

Archived