litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Soft Top Refurbishment

Kensai

Hello Oh wise ones,

I've let my soft top get into a terrible state. The stitching just seems to have rotted away, I've broken the plastic strip and even managed to rip the fabric of the hood itself.

post-164-1125412515.jpg

post-164-1125412522.jpg

post-164-1125412529.jpg

As you can see it's coming apart at the seams all over the place.

Do you think it can be repaired?

If so, how and where? Do I send it back to the factory or do I have to go through a dealer?

Finally, any idea how long it will take? I'm leaving the country at the end of september so I need it done before then.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lotus prefer you to send things via a dealer, but don't insist on it 100%.

You can send the hood direct to Lotus (ie not through a dealer) but you do have to pay for the repair through a dealer.

You can even get the hood sent directly back to you once payment has cleared.

Chris

Well I bit the bullet on Wednesday and sent it off to Hangar 111. They said they would take it to the factory on Friday and get it looked over. Hopefully the factory will do the work 'cos it cost a fortune to post...

Well I bit the bullet on Wednesday and sent it off to Hangar 111.  They said they would take it to the factory on Friday and get it looked over.  Hopefully the factory will do the work 'cos it cost a fortune to post...

Get on ebay. You will get one on teher for less than £200.

Archived