litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Squeeking Grrrr!

christurbo

Ive had the car a couple of days.

The atmosphere has not been really dry, hence no squeeknig.

But today i just took her for a blat after work, and it squeeks over rough ground - accelerating, or braking hard.

Sounds like suspension.

Where exactly would it be squeeking, and should i attack the whole suspension with some WD40???

Could be the springs, links???

PS. it had all shock changed in last service.

Oh and when i was under there painting my calipers, the susp looked like it needed a good brushing, and lubing.

Is WD40 the best thing to use, if not what is?

Where exactly should i be directing the lubing???

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst squeak i had was where the metal edge of the lower part of the dash board met the metal shelf. It squeaked like hell when going over anything resembling a pebble. To solve this i but a little bit of sticky foam draught insulation tape between the two (when i say put i meant wedged using a screwdriver). It seemed to work really well.

However if it's coming from the suspension i really have no idea.

Chris, can you give a rough location of the squeak  :rifle:

Im sure it is coming from the rear as it seems like its coming from below me, although it could be coming from all corners :sniper:

They guy who i bought it from said that he asked lotus about it and they said they would charge him £70 for greasing the ball joints????

Can i just go around all the suspension joints with some WD40?

Right all done!

I took it for a spin this morning and found it was coming from the front.

So ive just taken both wheels off and saturated each joint/connection with grease.

I took it for a spin so that the grease would work into the joints and 'hey presto' NOT A SQUEAK TO BE HEARD!!!!!

Its funny that something as little as that can make you so so happy!

Celebarations tonight :P

Cheers guys! :up

Oh and have just lubed the clutch pedal attatchment [again] as it has a horrible creeeeeeeaaaaakk

Archived