litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

London 2012 Olympic Host City

steve-n

I went to london once , never again , filthy place full of forieners and so many cars i wonder if they ever get out of first gear !

everybody i ever known that has ever lived or worked in london says that it is murder to drive ,park use a train or bus , and they want the olimpic games there , well they are welcome , thank god i live in another country alltogether ,

My father used to shoot a pistol (at a range) had to give it up , I see from all the shootings in the papers that the gangsters havent given thier guns up !

maybe they can hold the pistol shooting in manchester (i believe there are more shooting per head than new york)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jez,

I am a grumpy old man and make no excuse for it

However I am very patriotic although these days that word has become almost a dirty word in itself,exclusive use of the far right(sadly). I love my country but I hate some of things that have been done in our country's name,and regarding the Olympics I would be happy if.

1) we were capable of hosting a fantastic event that benefitted the people.

2) it didn't cost money that could be used far better elsewhere,ie nhs education road repairs(nationwide not just London) etc etc.

OK I'm a cynical/grumpy old git,come back to me after the next 25 years of pi$$ taking from our so called governments and tell me I'm wrong,

Enjoy it while you can :clap:

Regards

Jon

Fair point! :clap:

Having just left the RAF after 14 years after travelling to most of the sh1tholes on the planet i'm rather fond of the UK, most of the locals i spoke to in my travels held the uk in high regard, things like the olympics can only serve to enhance this.

I don't think all the events will be held purely in London and where the Olympic site is being built is one of the poorest areas in the UK!.

Still different views make for good discussion!

:D

Having just left the RAF after 14 years after travelling to most of the sh1tholes on the planet i'm rather fond of the UK, most of the locals i spoke to in my travels held the uk in high regard, things like the olympics can only serve to enhance this.

I don't think all the events will be held purely in London and where the Olympic site is being built is one of the poorest areas in the UK!.

Jez,

I'd rather have had Mr Blah blah insist that we hold a proper endurance car rally in the Uk, with about 1000 miles to cover in 3 days at breakneck speed, mostly in the dark, in forests where the lesser spotted spectator is found up a tree, and it is called the LOMBARD RAC RALLY rather than the ....

F**ked up gay girly parade in WALES (FFS) when nobody gets to see jack shite and pays full bucks to have the stage cancelled because it's raining !!

Olympics - symbol of the Olympics is an Audio badge FFS, wheres the motorsport, where are the group 'B' cars, where are the Audi Quatro's in the Olympics ?

I'm really looking forward to a 13 year old eastern European girl waving a 20ft long ribbon on a bit of dodgy lino. But that's another story.

This post has been brought to you by someone who gives a rats ass about the French tosser that reckons we can't cook.

When I went to Le Mans this year, we got to eat fricking snails (Ok Steve Only 1 :D ) so how can he whinge about, Yorkshire Pud, Faggots and Peas, Black Pudding, Sunday Roast, Donner Kebabs, Chineese takeaway, Indian Curry, Tai , Chip Shops, Burger King, KFC, Subway, Loafers (it's down the road from work :D ) and that place in Stoke that does them oat cake thingies.

Sorry (yeah right) for the old git rant, but my poxy internet link has been down all night and I have to get as many words out as poss before it goes down again.

Have fun everone, only having a bit of fun,

Thank you all, and goodnight, kin Olympics my arse.

Bonjour Bob

Two words -

Millenium Dome!

As for olympics sports, what I'd like to see is each country has a car exactly the same, same tyres etc etc, then pick the best driver from each country. Jenson, Schumacher, McCrae, whoever! Then put them on an interesting track where you can actually overtake - then we'd see racing!

Two words  -

Millenium Dome!

As for olympics sports, what I'd like to see is each country has a car exactly the same, same tyres etc etc, then pick the best driver from each country.  Jenson, Schumacher, McCrae, whoever!  Then put them on an interesting track where you can actually overtake - then we'd see racing!

So later this year we get A1 cars at Brands ?

Goodbye F1 me thinks.

Is this MLOC or the cynical old buggers club ? Im made up we have got the games. Have you ever been to the east end, its the pits. It may cost the cockney tax payers a few quid but at least it will tart it up a bit. A bit of enthusiasm in this country will do it good. We may even win a medal or two. Even if it is only in sailing or fighting at the G8 summit or not controlling children properly, add your own comments as you see fit :clap:

Well i'm for one am quite chuffed about the whole thing... if it gets some kids off their arses and away from the playstations it'll be worth it. I'd be happy to pay an extra few quid in tax for it aswell, it'd be actually nice to see some of my taxes go on a project i agree with for once.

And as for you Jez!!!

14 years spent living in hotels with room serivce.... hmmmmmmm.

Try a ship!!!!! :D

I'm glad we got the Games. I work in Canary Wharf and Stratford is a right dump at the moment. It will be good to see some regeneration.

It will create jobs (esp in the building trade), improve the standard of living for some, increase investment in grass roots sport development and hopefully we'll see some of our up and coming teenagers take home some medals.

BTW, Teresa Jowell said funding for the Olympics "would come from three sources - the National Lottery, council tax payers in the capital and the London Development agency" and the IOC will give approximately £1 billion towards the staging of the Games through the sale of worldwide TV rights and sponsorship.

Considering the UK government is on track to spend £5 million on keeping our troops in Iraq this year alone, the Olympics will be a lot cheaper.

Well done London.

Funding the Olympics will come from those three sources,however that doesn't include updating a Victorian infrastructure,this has to be done through public money.The Olympic money will be spent on Stadia Olympic village etc etc,its a shame we have to have an Olympic event to be able to update just one run down area when there are so many in the UK that are in need of the same.

I apologise if I appear to be down on the UK,I really hope we can pull this thing off and impress the rest of the world with our ability to stage a global event,but I do have very serious concerns about the whole thing.

Anyway I'm off to do some training....now where did I put those speedo's :P

Regards

Jon

Archived