Tent et all

Maybes include:

High Viz vest

Spare glasses for the optically challenged

Anyone else think of anything?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and leave your radar detector at home.....

Edited to add:

"Driving on sidelights is not permitted in France. Lights must be switched on in fog, mist or poor visibility during the day." ;) Nutters.

Passports

Rubber mallet for tent pegs

Assorted tools in case of roadside repair

Tyre weld

European breakdown cover

Jump leads

Hmmmm not going to be a light weight trip

Passports

Rubber mallet for tent pegs

Assorted tools in case of roadside repair

Tyre weld

European breakdown cover

Jump leads

Hmmmm not going to be a light weight trip

Stevey, If I take my spare wheel out and carry your can of Tyre weld, I can get all your other stuff in the spare wheel well :clap:

Also, I could franchise out the rear seats for booze ;)

Seriously, we may have a little spare barge capacity if really needed.

Did 19mpg to Castle Combe, thus the space is not cheap :clap:

Aunty Fi, If I hide my headlights in the pods, do I have to put stickies on them ?

Fi/Steve, joke post done from me.

Do we HAVE to show GB on number plates, or is it a sticker job on the body (car) ?

I'd like to show Tamworth with stars around it to confuse them ;)

New reg plates have the GB already in them but if you don't want to go to the expense (we haven't) then a GB sticker in the rear window (behind the passenger seat :clap: ) will be fine. I wouldn't put it on the body, might fetch the paint off.

19mpg :clap: I had an A6 on loan recently and saw the mpg drop to 8 when being a little enthusiastic ;)

I'll have to investigate changing the lights over to the continental setting (anyone done this on an S2 yet?).

You've all covered most of it but I'll add a couple of comments from a previous Le Mans and lots of driving on the continent.

Never bothered with any tape on the headlights, (and on autoroute at night run main bean most of the time (unless catching anyone up) as they point the wrong way).

NEVER leave anything worth anything in your tent as it will probably go missing.

For those that run without a front plate, fit one! There will be so many French coppers around down there that you will get stopped eventually, and as Le Mans is the main fundraising event for the French Gendarmes you will get fined. Similar situation with GB plate or sticker.

Also make sure you have all the paperwork as mentioned by Fiona as if you get stopped they will want to see it. I managed to bluff my way through it once as I forgot but it wasn't Le Mans so they weren't that bothered.

Wouldn't bother with Jumpleads, even an Elise doesn't flatten a bettery in 3 days.

Also can't see when you are all driving back but I'd look at leaving early (2pm ish) if the result is pretty much sorted as the roads are a lot quieter and the coppers are usually just setting up for the homeward bound brits.

Final thing, if you see a local flashing you, it's got nothing to do with the cars it means there are a load of coppers around so slow down! I really can't make the point any clearer, the coppers are out to book every car with a GB plate so be careful, especially on the edge of villages, get down to the speed limits, especially on the return journey.

Archived