28th - 30th June 2024

Le Mans Essentials Thread

Fiona

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insurance docs: Yes

Driving license: Yes

V5: Wouldnt have thought so (never checked when they pulled me over!)

MOT certificate: Wouldnt have thought so (again, never checked when they pulled me over!)

GB plate: I would, don't give them the excuse!

First aid kit: Wouldnt have thought so (again, never checked when they pulled me over!)

Breakdown triangle: Wouldnt have thought so (yep!)

Spare bulb kit (?): Wouldnt have thought so (and yep again!)

Bit of sticky on your headlight to look like you're making an effort: Wouldnt have thought so (you guessed it!)

Bog roll: Was plenty, and was continuesly restocked by a lady who sat there 24/7

Clothes: Yep ;)

Asprin: Perhaps

Tent et all: Yep :clap:

and my editions

Money for food, souveniers etc when your there

Money/cashcard incase rozzers pull you over for speeding!

I'd also advise you to get any food, money etc from town before the fri night as it will be chockka after that.

Hope you all have a good time you lucky lucky barstewards!

:clap:

Also very importantly, try and fill up your tanks fri because it can be difficult to get petrol on a sunday. The unmaned stations only take french cards and the maned ones are few and far between. They are normally ok on the autoroute. One year we had to pay a frenchman cash and he used his card in the machine.

also

costume

spare set of clothes as it might rain and trust me there is nothing worse than having no dry clothes or shoes to wear. It can and does sometimes rain http://www.infernoelise.com/images/lemans/...10-1040_IMG.jpg be warned 2001 was very, very wet.

trousers with zip off legs are good if you are pushed for space.

I rescued 3 boxes of pak-a-mac's from the Brunty event last year. Supplied by Ladders' former employer, they are in a pack the size of a jiffy bag - until you want to repack it, that is. Keeps you very dry (good enough for a log flume!), very cheaply made so you won't feel guilty about throwing it away at the end of the trip.

I'll bring a load on Friday 3rd.

I rescued 3 boxes of pak-a-mac's from the Brunty event last year. Supplied by Ladders' former employer, they are in a pack the size of a jiffy bag - until you want to repack it, that is. Keeps you very dry (good enough for a log flume!), very cheaply made so you won't feel guilty about throwing it away at the end of the trip.

I'll bring a load on Friday 3rd.

Nice one! :clap: Put me down for 4 if that's ok. :)

Take photocopies of driving licenses.....the french feds could take it off you leaving you screwed and it will take weeks to get it back.

Check out :

www.beermountain.com

Archived