litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Le Mans Essentials Thread

Fiona

Yes, I have a mains invertor - but not taking it.

Wuddie says I have to pack my super-soaker water pistol instead

Yeah, just watch out this year Graeme - some tw@ thought it would be funny to squirt the Gendarmes through the window of their van at the round a bout They'd been quite good sports up till then, but got out and tried to drag him off! Thats when beer bottles started being thrown at them, and we left! :clap:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing you forgot to mention-take a radio if you want any idea at all about what's going on in the race and don't leave on Sunday,leave Monday ,last year the roads were fantastic on the Monday afternoon,high speed convoy all the way home!!

Or you could shave all your hair off, not only negating the need for straightners but also helping your car go faster :)

This is really temping to post back on.

Steve, any chance you could shave all Fionas hair off and save some weight ?

Presume to get a balance in the car you'd have to top and tail her (beaver) too

Sorry Fi, but it might be fun the night before :clap::huh::)

Fiona

Re: Bit of sticky on your headlight to look like you're making an effort

If you look in your hand book it tells you how to adjust your head lights for the traveling abroad.

You just need a large X head screw driver to release the three screws to the main head light unit from inside the front wheel arch, then the head light unit will come forward and their is a little lever to flip which masks your headlights.

That way you don't have to have sticky tape messing up those nice lines.

Hmmm

My handbook states:

Headlamp Masking: If a right hand drive car is to be used in a left hand drive territory, or vice-versa, it is necessary to mask certain areas of the dip beam headlamp lenses in order to prevent dazzle. See your dealer for masking details.

Can you see the adjusting leaver inside the front of the lights or is it behind. Anyone bringing a car on Friday that knows what to look for? I'm hoping it's not something they added to the newer cars only. :)

E111 form?  With all that booze I want to be taken care of if I get liver damage  :)

EERRRGGHHHHH! Is a dull aching feeling in your lower back really your kidneys, if so, I think I hit alcohol poisoning yesterday...........Don't think a doctor would have much sympathy for me though.

E111 form?  With all that booze I want to be taken care of if I get liver damage  :clap:

EERRRGGHHHHH! Is a dull aching feeling in your lower back really your kidneys, if so, I think I hit alcohol poisoning yesterday...........Don't think a doctor would have much sympathy for me though.

No, you just didn't use enough lubrication :)

Bulb kits? Is it a case of a trip to Halfrauds or do Lotus have a special sooper dooper V expensive special to type kit?

GB stickers is there a minimum size? or can i use a permanent marker on my number plate! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bump...

for those who have been overwhelmed with Le Mans information and need to go back to basics !

I was too worried about getting my car on the road - never mind what to put in the car.

So this looks like the list

Insurance docs

Driving license

V5

MOT certificate

GB plate

First aid kit

Breakdown triangle

Spare bulb kit (?)

Bit of sticky on your headlight to look like you're making an effort

Bog roll

Clothes

Asprin

Tent et all

Have we missed anything ? :P

I know its a bit late now, but if anyone wants a copy of tom-tom mobile for the trip with european and UK roads, just let me know... works on pocket pc, symbian, etc... will need a gps reciever for it to work though

b :P

PS.. good luck and have fun (you lucky sods)

Archived