litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Search Box

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<LI class=first>Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC) > MLOC Features > Suggestions/Website Issues/Q & A

• Search This topic
    • Search section:
    • This topic
    • This forum
    • Forums
    • Members
    • Help
    • Calendar
    • Gallery
    • Blogs
    • Pages
    • Downloads
    • Links

Advanced document.observe("dom:loaded", function(){ ipb.global.contextualSearch(); });

The quick search at the top of the page. I'm on IE.

• 3 months later...

Must be work IE set up as it works fine now I'm at home. Cheers

Nope, it goes off the left on a netbook (1024x600), IE 8.

Can only read the last 2-3 characters of the forum names in the white box that they appear in.

Used CCleaner before previous post.

Just tried Ctrl F5 and yes, the forum names are across the page. Strangely, if I leave the mouse hovering on the search box, clicking the mouse brings up then closes the list of forums. Each time I do that, even without moving the mouse, everything moves across a bit to the left (about the same amount as a column in the new layout). That moves them gradually off the page.

The scrolling off to the left has obviously now stopped with the vertical layout, but the column is now just too tall for a netbook screen (only 600 lines), ie you can't see the top of the list when you have the search box at the bottom of the screen (which you need to have on-screen to click on the search box). A smaller font / spacing in the list would sort it.

I know I could also run full-screen and have an auto-hide on the taskbar, but that's not how I normally use the netbook, so would rather avoid it if possible.

It's no big deal, now that the list is (almost) completely viewable, for how often I use the search box - what do others think ? If I'm in a massive minority, let's not spend much more time on it

:cheers:

Archived