Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Got My New Exige Today

Trev Foster

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trev,

Hope your enjoying the new car,sounds like you are :)

Regarding the mil light,I haven't had any issues with mine(111r) but the damn management controls and checks so many things that it could be anything,my previous Elise (111s) had a similar problem to yours,I was told by Lotus that unless its starts flashing that it wasn't really a problem.Having said that if I was you, I'd get it reset sooner rather than later.

hth

Regards

Jon

Elaine - I had my 1st service done there too.

PSSC are F expensive when compared to other Lotus dealers (Nick Whale for example). Even getting the car serviced at the Motorsport centre in Hethel is cheaper. PSSC charge £100 per hour labour.

I see, we'll definately shop around! :)

Thanks for that Jon, I took it for a quick blast this morning, the light is still on, but the performance is still there. As you say it could be anything from minor to a problem thats a bit more worrying, but when is sits there and stares you in the face you just havn't got the will to firmly plant it just in case. So instead I tested the handling at moderate speeds round a few islands!! My god does this car handle, even when the back stepped out it was only for a slight second until if found its grip and shot off again. Most impressed thus far, it feels alot more of a drivers car than the old 911. But like you suggested i'm off to Nick Whale tomorrow to get the thing checked out and reset just to be safe.

Oh and by the way I can now make Mallory on Sun 7th although only as a spectator but I will have the dig cam and camcorder so let me know if you want to be caught on tape as you blast around and i'll get you a copy!!! :)

After reading the drivers handbook it suggests that this little light has alot to do with the exhaust system (gases, cat,lamba sensor etc) as I had a sports exhaust fitted at the dealer I wonder if that could be the issue?????? I will put a post up tomorrow when I find out!

You read the handbook/manual? :D

What kind of man are you! If you can't solve it on your own, then it is unsolveable... you NEVER resort to reading the instructions/manual/handbook.... or if you do, you never admit to it ;)

Done 8000 miles in my S2 Exige and the engine management light has never stayed on. ( i have the standard exhaust though)

I do have the brake warning light (handbrake/low fluid level) come on when conering at high speed (very high). I believe its the sensor in the brake fluid reservoir, when conering hard the fluid moves to the sides etc??

Only happens at about the same time you get tyre noise from cornering.

Any one else a similar problem ??

Turns out it was the idle running to high! When I picked the car up it stalled on me when coming down from high revs. This happened again as I pulled into the dealers on Sat so I asked them to have a quick look. Turns out they adjusted the idle without telling the computer they had messed with it. The computer then flaged it up on the way back home. Everything is now sorted and running fine. Any one else with either 111R or Exige the dealer told me that it is a new problem and that they are able to download a new programme into the black box on the car, it has stopped the uneveness of the idle and drops slowly down from 1200 to an even idle instead of a quick jolt. Any one else who might have this problem can take it to the dealer and have a cofee on them while they sort it! B)

Trev,

I had this on mine,damn thing would stall at idle all the time.Dealer fixed it and told the black box so I guess that explains why I didn't get the mil light coming on.Also told me that if the idle starts to play up in the future how to reset it...

Glad you got it sorted, its one of those things that niggles you especially with a brand new car.

Regards

Jon

Yes mate it was a simple fix, I just wished it had come on earlier so that I could have had it fixed on Saturday morning and enjoyed a good blast out on Sunday! As it was it sat in the garage as I didn't want to risk anything happening! Still theres always next weekend :tup:

Archived