litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Got My New Exige Today

Trev Foster

What a stunning, fantastic car!!!! :clap:

Picked it up today and must admit I was a little worried about changing from my 911 to the Lotus, but what a fantastic move it was.

Travelled back up the M5 from Nick Whale who I must say did a sterling sales job with a smile like a cheshire cat. Had a performance exhaust fitted which sounds completeley different to the Porsche but is equally intoxicating and I loved every minute of the journey home.

Best decision i've made!!!! :D:)

Oh by the way my location is'nt Coventry that is a typo!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys,

The colour is auberjene which is definately not the way you spell it (purple) it has the touring pack and has covered 1200 miles.

I'm going to try and get some photos tomorrow with the digital camera so if I can figure out how the hell to download the things I will put some up for you to have a look. I must have gone out to the garage 10 times to have a quick look after I parked it up tonight, it sure is a wonderfull looking vehicle!!!!

Yes it does feel slower when you boot it in a straight line but mainly because the torque of the 911 just waved over you. When you compare the 0-60 the Lotus beats my 911 by over half a second ( I had a 993 3.6 litre with a few tweaks). It feels like you have to keep the Lotus on the boil more, but that is the most enjoyable part for me, and if you throw into the equation the handling then there is no competetion. I had the 911 for about 6 months and got a little bored with it, although it is a fantastic,vehicle nothing has put a smile on my face as much as the Exige!!!! :)

Cheers Trev, just interested. Mate of mine chopped his S1 elise in for a 996 C4s and he loves it.

am tempted by the s2 exige i have to say, especially since my circumstances got better this month so i could afford one now..... great car, nice one ! Havent seen one in aubergine (i think that is how you spell it, not sure !)

post a pic if you can !

Enjoy !

Johnny M

Yeah the colour is pretty nice. I originally wanted a black one but when this one came up at the right price I couldnt refuse it. Not the colour I would have first chosen but it sure is growing on me. I'm planning on cracking the digital camera out tomorrow so I will try and get a few pics on then.

Just think all of this started when I watched the best of Top Gear a few weeks ago and saw Clarkson hooning round the test track in one.Any one else seen that clip?????

Archived