litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Got My New Exige Today

Trev Foster

Ahh bad luck mate the orange Exige was sold a few days ago. only a silver one left at the moment. I tested the air con out today and all seemed fine. I had been giving it a bit and had managed to get my own temperature up in the process!!! Just took about 5 mins to cool me and the cockpit right down, so upto yet I would say that it's pretty good but only a hot day will tell how good. Guess that will be next year now.

Just a quick note to any one who has a s2 Exige or 111r, The engine management light has appeared on the dash and after a call to Nick Whale I was told that it is a common problem on this car and is nothing to worry about as it tends to happen if the car has been stood idle (which mine has) I have been told that it should go out after approx 30mins but it's still on? Any one got the same problem???

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly worked on the one at Brunty.... Hyla was putting it on between driving stints to cool down.

Mark Cary (SELOC) tested it for Evo, said that you pretty much had to use the air con in the S2 on a hot day, whereas the S1 was the opposite.

Trev - Nice colour ! :)

I wanted a black one too, but my red one came up as you say "at the right price"

Check out my Exige My Exige

Elaine - Nice wheels !!! Did the dealer do this for you before you picked up the car ?

I run the aircon first thing in the morning withe the heater, as it really clears the windscreen quickly, and keeps the aircon in working order as you say.

I sold a 964 Carrera 2 :clap: for my Elise S2 :) and then swapped that for the Exige ;) . As you say, low down torque is not as good as the Porsche, but out right pace and handling is far superior in Exige !

I and others from here are off to Mallory with SELOC on November 7th if your up for that ?

Steven

I'd love to come to Mallory, I have been round that track a few times with the Honda race school on cbr 600's it's a cracking track! The only problem is that i'm suppose to be at the karate nationals in Birmingham but if I can get out of it I will be there will I need to sign up??? or just turn up??

Oh and thanks to all for answering the air-con question :)

Elaine - Nice wheels !!! Did the dealer do this for you before you picked up the car ?

We said that we wanted gold wheels, so Peter Smiths had them done for us before we picked it up. :)

Elaine - I had my 1st service done there too.

PSSC are F expensive when compared to other Lotus dealers (Nick Whale for example). Even getting the car serviced at the Motorsport centre in Hethel is cheaper. PSSC charge £100 per hour labour.

On my old Elise S2, I had a service (A service) and needed a new alternator (not covered under warranty due it being an electrical item ??)

The part was £110, fitting and the A service bought the total bill to £20 shy of £1,000.

I'll be going to either Nick Whale or drive down south to Wilsons - I've heard there very reasonable too.

It's worth shopping around as there is no standard price for servicing.

Archived