litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Clear Indicator Pics?

Daniel

Just looking around the net and found this pic of a black S1 with clear lenses. I wondered if anyone has a pic of the front of a black S1 with clear lenses.

Don't know who this car belongs to, but with the clear lenses and the fancy wheels I do quite like it.

Is Eliseparts the only place that does the clear indicator lenses?

black.JPG

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, so clear indicators and black wheels. I've read that powdercoating is not good for them, but that "wet paint" is recommended. Does anyone have any opinions (and prices) on this and also where to get it done in or around Leicestershire?

I'm tempted to hang on a while cos of this group buy thing on Seloc there's bound to be a few loads of S1 wheels going cheap which I could buy and use instead. I don't really like the victories for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, went and got myself some clear indicators. Ended up getting 6 - 2 for the front, 2 for the rear, and two to replace the brake lights. Has anyone put the clear ones on to replace the brake lights? Just wondering what it'll look like. Oh yeah, I got two side repeaters too so I know what I'm doing this weekend. I am tempted to buy them diadem bulbs instead of the normal orange ones .....

I am tempted to buy them diadem bulbs instead of the normal orange ones .....

If the diadem bulbs are the ones that look silver but flash orange, don't bother spending £15 on 2, just buy the normal orange ones and give them a coat of silver spray paint (i used Plasticoat), it works absolutely fine they look silver but flash orange, and saves you around £25 on a full set of bulbs.

It will probably work with the tail/stop lamps too.

Archived